Mounting Brackets?

Participant count
  • Participant list
the set of speakers you want probably don't match the hole pattern of your application. so a mounting bracket is needed. you could create your own brack by using a mdf ring but you may run into clearance problems. also, the brackets allow ease of installion.

6.5" is the general size of the speaker. however, vehicles have certain screw patterns which aftermarket companies try to incorporate in their design. however, they can't incorporate all patterns. so, their are mounting brackets that solve the problem. i could be completely wrong about the bracket, just putting in my input.

just make a MDF ring.

Its probably that stupid 3 prong ring i have in my burban speaks.

Its nothing to worry about....just screw inth the metal frame

i didnt get comps yet, burb is broken, need engine money

I will be making a MDF ring since the mids i want are deep and the factory location is deep in the door, i want to bring it out a bit.

psshhh, they said that my burb has 7" speakers in the front and 6 1/2's in the middle

thats not true at all.

Get your measuring tape/ruler and measure it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.