Mounting amp into metal or wooden board?

Participant count
  • Participant list

marquisbrah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im gonna be getting my M1b tomorrow and i dont know if i should drill straight into the metal behind the seats or use a wooden board? this is in the trunk. Theres a metal sheet behind the seats. Not sure if i should drill straight into the metal or use a board? I hear about grounding problems, but not quite sure. Thanks for the input

Basically mine was that the metal from the amp touching the metal of the car was grounding it and the power running through the components of the amp were shorting it. Almost caught my backseat on fire....

Basically mine was that the metal from the amp touching the metal of the car was grounding it and the power running through the components of the amp were shorting it. Almost caught my backseat on fire....
Yea i dont think i want to run any risks, im going with a board. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.