noise coming through speakers, just looking for suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

BFeezy
10+ year member

Sneakerhead
NY
alright guys i'm running an aq hdc3 18 powered by an audiopipe 3000d and a crunch 1004 to power my mids/highsin my 2000 ford taurus. i'm using all knukoncepts wiring and ive just started to get like a whizzing sound through my speakers. i've looked at other sites and people who have this problem wired their rca's on top of the power wire, which yes i did do, but do you guys believe this is the only problem that causes this?

its either that or alternator whine but the first thing i would do is move ur rca's away from the power wire...never run ur rca's along the power wire...some people have success doing but not majority....run them along with ur speaker wire and u will be fine.....

if its not that then check ur grounds on ur amps to and see if any are reading high in ohms on a dmm....

Sometimes throwing a small ground wire on the rca's kills the noise. Unplug the rca fold a small wire on the outer part of the rca which is the rca ground and then plug it in. ground the wire to something. You can do the on the amp end or the head unit end. sometimes one works better than the other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.