Mounting amp/cap on the sub box?

Not a good idea...but, if you must...it can be done...

Amplifiers have components within them which were not meant to move in any way...Law of Inertia...when mounted on a box, the amp will be vibrating, moving those components...

If you must, brace the inside of the box where the amplifier will be mounted...

another thing to do to help the stealability is screw the sub box down from inside the box and outside and screw the amps on with wierd screws and have rubber spacers under the amp to to absorb some of the rattles

My amp's on the sub box... made a compartment for it, though. Applied lots and LOTS of dampers throughout the chamber, not to mention the thick undercoating layer after that.

I basically applied damping mat everywhere in that chamber, even right behind the amp, the amp rack joint, etc.

Still vibrates. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well mounting to the sub box wont hurt nothing......however it will make it easier to steal everything at once........now some will say that it adds more vibration to the amp....but its going to vibrate anywhere u mount it....

Well...I would say it's fine. I've got my JBL 1200.1 mounted on top of my box for the 15" XXX...screwed down w/some padding between them (not much..just enough to stop the ratlling) and it's worked fine for months. The amp gets shaken all to hell too..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.