Mounting a sub in a sealed enclosure question....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kaos
10+ year member

I am about to mount a sub in a sealed (and carpeted) enclosure. My question is how sealed does it need to be? The carpet runs all the way to the edge of the hole cut for the sub. I figure this will allow a small amount of air in an out during play due to it not being a flat surface the sub in butting up to. Should I seal this area in some way? The reason I am questioning this is the sub has an o-ring around the mounting flange which leads me to believe if in a "sealed" enclosure it needs to be air tight. If it does need to be air tight then do I need to seal the terminal cup on the back of the box also? TIA.

Just screw the sub in. It should be fine that way. But if you have any leaks you could always use some clear silicone and put it in between the sub and the wood on the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.