Mounting A Fiberglass Amp Rack

DJ B-Stee
10+ year member

I just fiberglassed an amp rack for a audiobahn a2002t in my trunk, but it's top heavy and keeps falling out of the corner it's fitted to. i tried velcro to the carpet, but it doesnt stick very well to the fiberglass back. are there any ideas on how to secure it better?

Yea, Posting a pic would be a big help, let us see what your workin on, then we might be able to better help..

But it sounds like you need to FAB a few brackets to hold your rack in place

Nah the amp isn't falling off the rack, the actual rack is falling down. I haven't even mounted the amp to it yet, but when it's placed in my car where i fiberglassed it, it won't stay secured. does that mean i did a bad job of the mold?

Not really ... always expect to secure these things with either screws or bolts. Velcro works in some applications.

- Steve

How do i screw it in??? it's basically a box with no way to get to the back of the box and screw it in.... i could understand if it was a sub box, cuz i could just go through the sub opening, but since i used a rectangular sheet of plywood instead of a mdf ring, i have no opening like that to screw in from...

Maybe you could incorperate some really nice bolts in the corners ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hmm ... with the weight of the amp on the rack ... it still won't stay in place?

- Steve

Nobody is going to see the back of it correct?? And since your amp will be covering the wood, why don't you cut out a part on the wood to get your hand in there, and when you install it, the amp will cover the hole.

i always build amp racks using steel for the main structure and mdf for the rest. that way i can weld it wirhg to the frame and ground the amps right to the amp rack. if you cant find a way to screw it in, you could weld it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.