Motorcycle Prob.

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoudCrownVic
5,000+ posts

1/1 of Team Team Team
I've got a single cylinder 1994 Yamaha yt225. This bike has no kick start. It was running fine when I bought it except for the battery would only tunrn over the motor once or twice before it would no longer have enough juice, so I usually had to get a rolling start and pop the clutch or put a battery charger on it. It also seemed to have unusual amount of running noise in the camshaft area.

I was riding it and suddenlyit began missing, kept missing until finally it no longer fired at all. Now, it has spark, gas, compression but does not run. It will fire once or twice then continues to turn over freely. Any ideas what my problem might be?

Now, it has spark, gas, compression but does not run.
thats pretty much impossible... what you need to do is delve deeper into the systems... ie go beyond saying yes theres gas in the tank, see if theres actually proper fuel delivery and then consider other aspects of the spark, mainly timing if you're sure that the plugs themselves are firing

Okay. i have determined that there is-

A, Spark. Lots of spark. Plenty of spark.

B. It gets gas, and if it doesnt fire for a certian amount of time, it floods while turning over. However the bowl begins to overflow if the bike is not running or turnig over. Typical motorcycle crap...

C. Air it's getting air flow because I pulled the airbox and have it open carb. It has plenty of vaccuum at the carb.

D. Compression. Plenty of that as well, in all areas

The bike will run and idle, but it won't rev, it coughs and snorts and actually sounds alot like a two stroke. At steady throttle it seems to run but not at changing (accleration) it will only run briefly then it will quit unless you tend the throttle.

Bad place to ask about this stuff, taking it somewhere else unless someone knows bikes.

It's prorbably in you ignition. You probably need it changed out. O rmaybe even the ignition wire, but might as well just change the whole thing out. You not getting enough fire to keep it running. Good luck.

I found the problem. The motorcycle required 91 octane fuel, and I had it chock full to the top of 87. Drained the gas, put new in, away we go. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the help all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LoudCrownVic

5,000+ posts
1/1 of Team Team Team
LoudCrownVic
Scales Bump, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date