Most effiecient amp?

Class D amps.. You pick the MFG.. Some are better than others but they all work off the same priciples..One of the best is Harrison Labs however I dont think they label them class D,X or anything else just that they draw less current than anyother amp of comparable power.

Mike

So a Lanzar vibe 1200d would not **** my battery dry in a couple of days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Zo class d draws not that much current, but puts out a lot of power???

greetzzz

class t is basically the same..it is full bandwidth ..from what i gather it either switches faster or slower (heard 2 different stories) to get the noise out of the higher frequencies so being full range is possible....but i dont think anyone really uses them least anything besides subs

yea but class t isnt a real class reason it is called class t is cause t is the first letter of company that made the technology...us amps had the first one out on the market

Tripath developed it...hence class "T"

I thought blaupunkt was the first class T on the market. Either way, they were the first to advertise it. Another thing about class T is that they're very small physically.

Nasty...1200 watts is 1200 watts, but 1200 watts from a class D would be significantly less demand electrically than a similarly powered a/b. The 1200D has 3 30 amp fuses so you can assume it will draw something around that at full tilt. Nowhere near that at everyday listening volumes.

Thanks for the reply

But the new amp isn't gonna be a Lanzar, i think i'm going to buy a Audison lrx400.1 to power my sub.

It gives a 500rms@3ohm, a little underpowerd but it wil sound great.

And the overall value from Audison is far better then Lanzar, NOT?

What do you think about the Audison?

greetzz

late 98 us amps had a few out ..they were talking about it had it out before that....reason i know this is i was the rep lol...dunno about the blau all i know is the us amps came out before the alpine

Originally posted by n2audio Nasty...1200 watts is 1200 watts, but 1200 watts from a class D would be significantly less demand electrically than a similarly powered a/b. The 1200D has 3 30 amp fuses so you can assume it will draw something around that at full tilt. Nowhere near that at everyday listening volumes.
I couldn't have said that in so few words. Correct and to the point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.