Question, if i might damage my amp? How many of you people got jacked to?

nofriends46
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
When i go to school or somewhere not safe (places that people might still your sounds), i take out my speaker box out and leave my amp inside. When i go out, all i have to do is put the box inside my car and just put the wires from the amp. Would it damage the amp or something???

ps. how many of you people got jacked, what did they take....

They took my alpine amp 600watt, box, 2 12" Alpine Type-S subs, one time, in school. Learn my lesson. About 7-8 months ago, till today, i dont know who taken it.

the amp may still hold a charge even with the ignition off and if your speaker wires cross you could cause a short. do you have an alarm, windows tinted? do you turn the radio down when approaching somewhere unsafe as not to attract attention to the fact that you have something worth stealing? just some thoughts...

You will get tired of doing this after a while. I used to do the same thing myself for a few months until it became a chore. I agree with the last post about the wires crossing. Make sure u don't leave the wire 'naked' when unhook the speakers. I've had so many things stolen out of my vehicles throughout the years its ridiculous. I'll tell u what i can remember though

(2) 8" subs, Coustic amp, 6x9's , Panasonic h. u

(2) 15" subs, Rockford amp, Aiwa hu

All out of a '88 Hyundai Excel( at different times)

(1) 15" Kicker Stillwater Designs box, Pyramid amp, Alpine hu

Out of a '88 Chevy Spectrum

(1) 15" Cerwin Vega sub box, Rockford amps, all the wiring, rims, Kenwood h. u. oh, and how about the whole car! '84 Olds Delta 88

(1) 12" Rockford sub box, Pioneer in dash tv, vcr, Kenwood h.u

Out of '92 Chevy Silverado extended cab( they couldnt get my amp out!)

Thats not ALL the stuff, just the stuff i can remember!

Wrap the power wire with electrical tape as well. When I got my first system I use to remove my sub box everytime I went on a camping/fishing trip. One time the power wire grounded out on a piece of metal. My alternator and battery were reduced to nothing. My amp was never damaged from this doing this though. As for stolen equipment...I'm more angry at the damage that the thieves did to my car to get the stereo than the actual loss of the stereo itself.

Damage to car (1988 Honda accord)

1. Locks drilled out: Driver side door, trunk pop, trunk, rear seat fold down.

2. Package tray in the rear window cut apart with power tool.

3. HVAC console smashed.

4. Trunk lid bent.

Total loss due to car damage = $850 (Insurance covered all but $250).

Stereo equipment lost

1. (2) 12 inch Pionner subs in bandpass box.

2. Orion amp (around 400 watts rms).

3. Monster capacitor.

4. Alpine tape deck (remember, this was my first system - purchased 7 years ago).

5. Also they took a disposable camera that was all used up (I hope they enjoyed the pictures of my last fishing trip at the time).

Total loss due to theft = $850 (Insurance did not cover the replacement of the amp).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.