Most Efficient Small Amp Big Power * Build To Come*

cockerchrisjoe
10+ year member

hello all,

so i am doing a bit different of a build . i have had big systems in smaller vehicles and big vehicles big systems for spl and show so basshead as heart. so i went and bought a new smart Electric Drive ( full electric ) i work for Tesla Motors so my reasons for electric car are saving on fuel etc doesn't matter i know a lot of people are going to say crap but who cares. so i am looking to build possibly 1 15" or 2 15" RE Audio SE 15 " subwoofers in a ported enclosure tuned low ( 30-36 Hz ). i have plenty of Cu Ft and box is going to be custom build. i know with normal engines, alternator you don't need to worry near as much , but with electric vehicles they have a built in DC to DC converter that takes the high voltage from the battery turns it into 12 volt but output is not as much as alternators . so i need something that is going to put i would like atleast 1000 rms if possible and not have huge amperage draw as point is i do not want to loose any range. the more efficient the amplifier the better here so any suggestions for amplifiers ?

pictures below of vehicle and preview of subwoofers

Why didn't you buy a tesla ? Not a good discount I guess. Anywho what about a CT sounds 900.1 ? It's over 1000 rms

Dude.... that is so freaking weird.... I actually was thinking about how an electric car system would go earlier today... wtf....

Anyway, yeah, as far as I know... Taramps.

lol electric car with DC to DC will be nice in the fact that it won't have voltage drop as long as i don't draw more than the converter is putting out from the High voltage battery. and yes i am very excited for the build do not know what to expect . i currently have a 11 F150 with 3 JL 8W6 and a 58 chevy show car with 4 12" Premium SPL subs running huge RMS . this will definitely be different i need bass though cant stand stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif never looked at the CT sounds that might be a good option ? my main concern is amperage draw and how efficient amp is actually working. i was thinking something like audison 1.1K might work as well . but i am unsure still never heard of Taramps HD800 :S and alpine is meh for amps in my opinion owned a couple their alright but looking for something else plus they are pretty expensive for what they are

lol electric car with DC to DC will be nice in the fact that it won't have voltage drop as long as i don't draw more than the converter is putting out from the High voltage battery. and yes i am very excited for the build do not know what to expect . i currently have a 11 F150 with 3 JL 8W6 and a 58 chevy show car with 4 12" Premium SPL subs running huge RMS . this will definitely be different i need bass though cant stand stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif never looked at the CT sounds that might be a good option ? my main concern is amperage draw and how efficient amp is actually working. i was thinking something like audison 1.1K might work as well . but i am unsure still never heard of Taramps HD800 :S and alpine is meh for amps in my opinion owned a couple their alright but looking for something else plus they are pretty expensive for what they are
I never heard of Taramps until maybe 4 days ago when my friend told me about them since I'm looking for a budget amp for my 4 15s... They are made by a Brazilian company and are SMALLLLL. their 3K is literally 9 inches by 9 inches... They're inexpensive and take a little less amperage to get going. Probably your best bet.

i'll have to look them up... and seen couple posts and people with nissan leaf's that have done them and haven't lost any "range" while sounding better, now they haven't gone to this extent and put something like a 15" in it but **** it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i want it to be loud and silent at the same time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i actually already installed a set of antique electric train horns ... hilarious you can sneak up to people and really scare em

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.