Morel tempo 6 for $200 shipped.

yes. The manufacturers need them to help get the name out there and build the demos etc.. They put up the big "we don't condone online sales" act for the dealers and schmucks that actually believe them.

That's like when I ordered my RE SE 15s online for 289.00 shipped. The shop in town wanted like $350.00 a piece... lol uh, no? Why do that when I can get them online for more than 50% off?

I understand why its a bad deal for the shops, but it's not the consumers fault. The consumers job is to get the best value and the dealers job to give them that value. The manufacturers are the ones cleaning up.

Don what are you a dealer of at you shop I always wanna stop in but never get time to come up thier im about a hour down rt 1 from you guys...O and anybody that wonders I havn't bought anything from don but he has been very helpful with questions I have pmed him and is always fast with his responses.
Gimme a call anytime bud.

Dynaudio

Morel

Genesis

TRU Tech

Sinfoni

Rainbow

Zapco

Alumapro

Celestra

etc ..

Gimme a call anytime bud.
Dynaudio

Morel

Genesis

TRU Tech

Sinfoni

Rainbow

Zapco

Alumapro

Celestra

etc ..
Basically all the high end stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So .... dealers that actually have bills to pay, should just sell everything at or right near what they pay for the products ? How long exactly would you expect them to stay in business ? Or is it to a point now that you just dont care ?

I have a ton of bills, insurance, employees, products to keep in stock, etc just to keep running a business. This of course doesnt even begin to extend to a mortgage and a family to feed. So my ( as well as any ofther B&M) should starve their family and not expect to keep their doors open long, just to offer you the lowest price ?

How bout this ... go to work tomorrow and offer the next year of your labor for free. Your boss will love it, but lemme know how it works out for YOU.

Me thinks you misunderstand. I am not anti b&m. I am saying nobody (including you!) can blame the consumer for buying the same product for considerably less money. Consumers are not responsible for making you profitable. The manufacturers you rep are the ones selling the product to sites like woofersetc. Hell they probably charge you more too! "Man I sure would like to buy a brand new pair of SE15's for $300 off ebay, but I think I will spend twice as much of my family's money so that the poor shop owner can make a profit."

My post was not directed towards you or anyone specifically. It was just made general for all that share the same train of thought.

The problem is that many *think* they know how things work and often do not. Fault of their their own ? Of course not, however when stating things it should be based on pertinent information, not assumptions.

Can I blame anyone for wanting to save money ? Absolutely not, I want to as well ! But, what sacrifices are made in the process ? Many ! If said internet company goes out of business tomorrow, what support/ warranty coverage do you have ? None. Yes it does happen ! Remember thezeb.com ?

The manufacturers are Not the ones supplying. The majority of them anyway. Do many companies look the other way ? Absolutely. However the mass of it is provided by either A: Dealers that are making very large quantity orders quarterly to keep themselves on the lowest price tier, but cannot handle the volume alone. B: Distributors that need to keep volume high, but again cannot handle it on their own. Bearing in mind distributors are typically buying anywhere between 10-30% LOWER than DEALER (B&M) cost !! The latter of the two is usually the culprit.

ABSOLUTELY none of the manufacturers that I deal with allow or promote this activity. In fact the majority of them do not use distribution, nor use 'tiered' pricing schedules. Dealer A spends 10k/quarter and dealer B spends 1k/quarter, they both pay the same price.

Then of course you have the infamous counterfeits and stolen goods. Many of the stolen goods are intercepted prior to even reaching the US based manufacturer. Yes it does happen and ALOT more often than any of us would care to know.

With a B&M you are not only paying for a product, you are paying for their services, knowledge, physical meeting and experience. IF you are not happy with any of the above with your local shop, you should then seek another. However rest assured, whether they are in business tomorrow or not or even if you move cross country your warranty and support are still in tact. When buying authorized you are buying a product with everything attached, when unauthorized you get the product and nothing else.

WOOFERS ETC UPDATE:

We have found out how Tempo6X was leaked into Woofers Etc. and after an exhausting investigation (that has spanned at least 2 years) into their alleged Morel supplier (NOTE: THEY DO NOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM MOREL, THAT IS A LIE!), we are pleased to announce that we have severed our business relationship with one specified, un-named SOCAL shop that was found to be sub-distributing our products to Woofers ETC. We are 100% sure that this was their only source and hope that "cutting off their water" will hopefully get them to remove our products and names from their site; but we cannot guarantee this.

With the demand for Morel brand products growing rapidly in the United States, it seems that even un-authorized sources will work extra hard to obtain products they feel are in high demand, even if they are conducting these transactions fraudulently and unethically...

Ultimately, it is the consumers' decision to make the right choice and protect their purchase...After all, Morel has an industry leading 3 YEAR warranty if installed by an authorized dealer! Who would want to give that up to save a few bucks?

Happy Listening...

I think you should name the culprit so we can be the cool kids in the know. It would be bad ass for someone to walk into their shop and call them out, but that's just how I roll.........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i refuse to pay retail anywhere. I will go for the lowest price possible!!!
If you were their target market they would lower their prices. Obviously you're not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

What about those of us that really want the good quality brand name products and just simply can not afford the retail prices? I have lots of good quality parts im using but if i would have paid full retail from them i would not be able to afford it all and would have had to settle for Audiobahn, Sony, Boss, Pyramid and so on.

My brother just purchased a Memphis amp online brand new but from an unauthorized dealer and paid about $300.00 less compared to what our local shops want for the same exact amp. He also did not pay any sales tax because the amp was shipped from out of state. He installed the amp himself and saved over $300.00 on the same exact product and to me that is a lot of money i can use towards other audio parts for my system.

While i understand that retail shops have to sell at a certain retail price to be fair to other authorized dealers, we the consumer just want to save our hard earned money and be able to afford the best quality of audio in our budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.