More Power Mr. Scott??

Participant count
  • Participant list

dbaxter01
10+ year member

I'm new at the car audio game, so bear with me. I recently put in an Aiwa CDC-MP3 HU in my truck and am now planning on replacing the 4 stock door speakers with Blaupunkt ODxa574's.

After doing a bit of reading around this site, I'm thinking an amp would be in order as well. Money is an issue, but I've found a Profile California 440SX that's reasonable and seems to fit the bill. I don't have any plans for Subs, as SPL is really not my thing, plus I don't want to try and fit a 2nd amp + sub somewhere in my Sporttrac.

Am I on the right track, will this sound like trash? Also, will I have a problem with my alternator? I'm not really intending on running my system that much with the engine off, I just want something good to listen to during my 2 hour/day commute.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Thanks to any and all advice! And be nice to the newbie!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You are on the right track. Profile amps are decent budget amps. I would also suggest US Acoustic amps. They are, I think, a wee bit better than profile. The price isn't much different. If you haven't done so already, check out the Profile Clarus amps too. As for your alternator, you should be just fine. Your Sporttrac should have more than enough alternator power to run one of the Profile's or US Acoustic's listed here. Before you buy your amp, make sure that your HU has RCA out puts or that the amp has high level speaker inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.