more pa system questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

goodstuff
10+ year member

LOL
Northeast
Ok I have a few more questions regarding the PA in my car.

1. Can I hook a mic up directly to my amp? I got a cheapo walmart handheld microphone for 5 dollars...I have the adaptors and stuff to do it I'm just wondering if it will work...it has both speaker level and rca level inputs...that way I don't have to use the CB...one less thing to install and draw battery current.

2. A friend said that I could make the amp turn on without a head unit if I connect the remote turn on lead to +12 volts and just wire in a switch to turn the amp off and on? is he correct? Is this safe?

3. I have two amps in the car now for the stereo that run off a fuse block...the fuse block has 1 four gauge cable running into it and inputs/ouputs for 2 more four gauge cables...there are 2 20 amp glass tube style fuses in it that run out to 2 8 gauge wires that then run to each amp...

can I run the third amp off the 4 gauge input/output while the other amps are not on? this will not damage the other amps, correct?

Originally posted by drfunnepantz Ok I have a few more questions regarding the PA in my car.

1. Can I hook a mic up directly to my amp? I got a cheapo walmart handheld microphone for 5 dollars...I have the adaptors and stuff to do it I'm just wondering if it will work...it has both speaker level and rca level inputs...that way I don't have to use the CB...one less thing to install and draw battery current.

2. A friend said that I could make the amp turn on without a head unit if I connect the remote turn on lead to +12 volts and just wire in a switch to turn the amp off and on? is he correct? Is this safe?

3. I have two amps in the car now for the stereo that run off a fuse block...the fuse block has 1 four gauge cable running into it and inputs/ouputs for 2 more four gauge cables...there are 2 20 amp glass tube style fuses in it that run out to 2 8 gauge wires that then run to each amp...

can I run the third amp off the 4 gauge input/output while the other amps are not on? this will not damage the other amps, correct?
youre in luck...yes to all three.

Hey I just wanted to let you know that connecting the Mic directly to the amp didn't work...I had to use the Cb's PA function and I sent that signal via the speaker level inputs to the amp...but thanks for the other advice everything seems to be fine...no fires or melt downs...I'll post again when I get a dB reading...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.