more output

To get more output would it be better to go with higher wattage subs or go to a bigger sub?
If you go the higher wattage route, you will need more power too..and you know where that goes...same if you double the # of Skar 12's..I am assuming everything is running at optimum..gain, sub enclosure design, etc..and you just want more of it. One reason I come here is because a lot of these guys are constantly pushing the envelope on design and output in their systems, and don't mind sharing the info...almost like a group effort. My reaction to your question is to advise you to go to optimally tuned larger drivers if you plan to use the power you have available, this would allow matching the subs power requirements to your current setup. You get a whole different sound and feel from 15's vs 12's....and a whole nother level on 18's... it does take alot of running the ts perameters and finding that sweet spot in whatever you choose.

maybe someone else here can help and offer some alternative solutions.

I think it mostly depends on the room that you have... if you can fit more cone area in, go that route... but if you are limited on space, subwoofers with higher power handling capabilities are probably your best bet.... and if you can, use both options... that is what a lot of people do.

I think it mostly depends on the room that you have... if you can fit more cone area in, go that route... but if you are limited on space, subwoofers with higher power handling capabilities are probably your best bet.... and if you can, use both options... that is what a lot of people do.
^^^ This

Assuming you have the space doubling up on subs will be the most bang for your buck from where you are sitting now.

id rather take subs that run say 1000rms but are built good. rather then have a sub that needs 5k rms and im never gonna have that with my elec.

^^^ This
Assuming you have the space doubling up on subs will be the most bang for your buck from where you are sitting now.
should he double up on amp power as well to compensate for halving what he's got to run 4 12's? OP didn't say, but I would guess the BRZ in the sig is at 1 right now...i sense another amp thread.

should he double up on amp power as well to compensate for halving what he's got to run 4 12's? OP didn't say, but I would guess the BRZ in the sig is at 1 right now...i sense another amp thread.
Doubling cone area gives theoretical 3db gain. Will also make doubling power safer.

Ok i have room for 2 15's or 3 12's i think my best bet would be 2 15's

And im running the brz at .5ohm it dos not go below 13.8v at full tilt (i tested it today)

I think i will just go with two icon's 15's im just lazy to build the box lol

What would be the best amp to run those 2 subs

Ok i have room for 2 15's or 3 12's i think my best bet would be 2 15's And im running the brz at .5ohm it dos not go below 13.8v at full tilt (i tested it today)

I think i will just go with two icon's 15's im just lazy to build the box lol

What would be the best amp to run those 2 subs
cactus k9......

you have a single 18 how does that sound compared to 2 15?
dont know... just got my wire ordered today and the last thing to order is the alt tomorrow then it will be playing. but I think it will be on the same level as two decent 15s simply because it has so much motor force... but you also have to take into account the power going to the drivers, the vehicle and the eclosure, the head unit, the electrical, blah blah blah.... It is easier to get loud with more cone area but that doesnt mean that it is the only factor that should be taken into consideration.

Would a m2a be good for them or do i need more?
when I had a single 18 in my car it was temporary, just sitting in the back sea in a 6 cube box at 33hz. I got a little windshield flex and it was decently loud. It was running 1k@1Ω

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.