more kick, with a little boom.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

numan98

CarAudio.com Newbie
hey folks, new here obviously, been out of the game for a while( decades), getting a new system for my highlander. nothing elaborate, subs, front and rear speakers. trouble I'm having a subwoofers. I don't want a huge box to take up all the room in the back of the Highlander, however I want a good feeling sound. I'm more of a watch the bass heads kind of guy don't have that kind of money to spend but I am leaning more towards sound quality actually more kick you know what I mean. I like heavy metal lots of double bass thick guitars also dubstep and some rap mostly old school early 90s that kind of thing but I'm debating between 10s and 8s I know the apes will take up less room and I know the tens should give me more punch but with most of the ported boxes leaning towards the boominess of long drawn out base notes and high SPL it's really not what I'm looking for. I've been looking at ampere audio going with two component sets of 6 and 1/2 the 75x4 amplifier and 600x1 mono amplifier. like I said the new audio stuff is way different than what I am used to dealing with don't really have a lot of places near me to go check them out but I would really love to get a good kick drum thump in the chest with a little bit of boominess because along with the heavy metal I like corn and come on they they use a drop d in their music and a lot of 808 type electronic booms and dubstep how much would I really be losing out with the eights compared to the tens or would the eights be better than the tens especially for the tight kick. I'd be using my same head unit which is old cuz I like my CDs it's a Kenwood KDC 348u, going to a US acoustics 4065x which is running two pairs of very old graffiti sound 6 and 1/2 component sets. my subwoofer is an old hifonics Hercules I believe five or four it's a 200 watt mono and four ohm and 375 at two ohm which I have running at two ohm going to a single earthquake dbxi 10 in dual 4 ohm sub in a 1.1 round ported box. sounds good for what it is but it is moving on into my daughter's first car and she is going to love it so I am upgrading I'm just curious as to what your guys opinion is because like I said I've been out of this game since the early 90s and that subwoofer was the last thing I've purchased in the last 30 something years a good 10 12 years ago and I know the subs have come a long way any help you can give me any advice criticisms you know that kind of thing is welcome I just want to put together a good sounding system that I know I will enjoy that's a little bit louder than what I had and will kick a little bit more thanks guys for any help.
numan98
Wisconsin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.