more horsepower

You aren't going to get much...maybe with a whole exhaust system, intake, headers, etc you will see a gain, but don't get a nasty 5" fart cannon with stock piping, that's good for about 2 hp...

Originally posted by Jmac I think the obvious answer here is ...

Stickers, which add 10 horsepower ...

2 foot exhaust tip, which gives you an extra 50 horsepower as well as makes your car sound awesome

Euro lights and electric green tint, which adds 40 lb/ft of torque

"Aggressive" body kit with a huge, double-deck wing, which increases fuel milage by 200%

^Sarcasm^
hahahh, goo done Jmac....

also forgot about sparkplugs and cables //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif adds another 15hp.

steering wheel so small that you can use one had to hold the dang thing dabsmack in the middle would give your car more grip.

p.s. the dent in front doesn't look like you crashed it, more like osmeone took a pipe and beat your car.

Jmac, i thought the stickers were 100hp lol. You guys forgot the Neons which add 20 hp. And the Wing which should add about 35hp. And then you have your Body decals which will get you about 15hp on the hole shot.

Im just messing with you dont take it the wrong way.

Just do what Nova said, and the best way to see results is either drop a new engine in/crate engine, or but a turbo/super on there or nos.... but try new cams, and some other stuff.

I know you posted about getting more hp... but i like your setup on your audio side. Nice subs. But my question is why do you need more hp when your spedometer goes up to 220? Thats fast a freaking civic lol.

Originally posted by Qckrun I know you posted about getting more hp... but i like your setup on your audio side. Nice subs. But my question is why do you need more hp when your spedometer goes up to 220? Thats fast a freaking civic lol.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

in that case, all jap 300hp cars (skyline, WRX STi, Evo, RX-7, supra) can only reach 180km/h...

I believe I've taken the Pulsar GTi-R to that speed in 3rd.

to get more horsepower...

1. cut roof

2. cut floor

3. acquire a stallion

4. figure out how to get him to enter the car

5. Accelerate and whip horse's ass as needed.

1st off: a honda civic (not a vtec, or si, those are pretty quick) will never be fast. period.

barring an engine swap/dumping way too much money into it. there is no quick solution.

-nate (i own one)

Originally posted by nswartley 1st off: a honda civic (not vtec, si) will never be fast. period.

barring an engine swap/dumping way too much money into it. there is no quick solution.

-nate (i own one)
first off the si has vtec standard. 2nd all u would have to do is buy the japan spec motor and do all motor no nos no turbo. besides how do u define fast? is it reaching a high speed or is it the motion that throws u back against the seat at full throttle? in that case the civic would do fairly well all motor in those areas with proper tuning after u get the mods done listed above:nono:

Originally posted by BassHeadL7 first off the si has vtec standard. 2nd all u would have to do is buy the japan spec motor and do all motor no nos no turbo. besides how do u define fast? is it reaching a high speed or is it the motion that throws u back against the seat at full throttle? in that case the civic would do fairly well all motor in those areas with proper tuning after u get the mods done listed above:nono:
ok did i say IMPORTS anywhere? NO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

some imports are very, very fast.

civics.......sorry but IMO anything short of a turbo doesnt do much for performance. remember, i HAVE a civic. its slow as ****....maybe a decent top speed (never tried) but it is slow as HELL off the line.

-nate

My tricked out 69 Vw bug, ran low 15s at the track in the Fall last year. So would that be considered Fast???? I bet my bug will burn your civic and my civic Nate :)

Thats a VW bug too lol, you seen the engine compartment in those things lol. Hella small! I could have had the bug runin low 12 to high 11's if i threw on a turbo, but didnt have the money, and i sold it thats why i have a civic now. AND YES THERE SLOW AS HELLA LOL

i kno that civics r probably the slowest of hondas. now if u had an s2000 ud notice the difference; RWD 245hp, 240lbs. of torque, equal weight distrobution. just add a supercharger kit, intake, and a full exhaust and ull be haulin some ass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.