More bass overall? (please read)

bumpinthanite
10+ year member

i like cars. a lot.
I'm asking this question on behalf of my friend (doesn't belong to a forum). He would like to know (actually, i'm curious too) if he can get better, more full bass from his single 10" xplod. Would a band pass or a ported work? Basically, what enclosure, if any, would give a bigger bass sound/feel/tone than the sealed box he's using now. He's running it through a 400w amp (300rms or so...) thank u for the help

First off, he's using a sony sub....and...well...they arent all that great.....

buthe might want to try a bandpass....

I'd say definately ported to spec. Bandpass sounds like crap, at least to me. And sorry to say but if your friend likes full, powerful, accurate bass he should lose the 10" x-plod.

bandpass boxes r basicly good for lower quality speakers to try to get a better sound out of them . . . probably would want to go with ported just so when he does get a better speaker than the sony wont need to buy a new box nessisarily. . . sorry dont spell to well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.