Monsoon Owners.Inside Please!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sonic Boom

NC
i put an Eclipse CD5442 in my 97 Camaro Z28,and now i get a popping noise when i hit my preset station buttons. I put the monsoon back in and the problem was gone. I then put the eclipse in my buddy's car and it worked fine. I have asked everyone i know about this problem(even the local audio guy) and i was told that the internal amp of the hu was messing with the factory monsoon amp. Has anyone had this problem?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Sounds like you need to bypass the monsoon amp, or run your preouts to the monsoon amp (though I somehow doubt it uses RCAs). Probably easiest to bypass the amp entirely. I'm sure you can find a wiring harness to interface with the speaker-output adapter from the amp at Circuit City or even Crutchfield.com. Or if not, you can just manually run the wires through.

i had a monsoon system. put enphasis on HAD, i had to take it all out because i was just not happy with it. ur best bet, as awalbert said is to get rid of the monsoon amp. mines just sittin on a shelf collecting dust on my room.

if u decide to keep the monsoon system, use the stock hu. if u decide to go with the eclipse hu, ull probably have to get an aftermarket amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.