Monoblock choice

Dumper
10+ year member

Latvia
Hello.

Sorry, i have bad english...

I want to buy mono amplifier. Right now i'm looking at Hifonics hfi 1000.1d and Re audio dts 1000.1.

Which is better? Or maybe you can suggest something else better?

Price to $ 200 with shipping. And where better buy, or ?

Amp is needed for Pioner ts-w306c sub.

Out of these two I might have chosen the Re audio dts. Not because I am familiar with RE, but because I have an aversion to all of current maxxsonics mono amplifiers. Is this a 4ohm SVC subwoofer? I would have preferred to power it with a PPI Phantom P600.2 (bridged to 4ohm impedance, this gives about 600watts RMS)

Yea, it's 4ohm 400w Rms sub.

It looks good. Maybe it would be better if you buy a mono amplifier with SUBSONIC filter? Or SUBSONIC not needed? And it would be good if the amplifier is REMONTE bass control.

Q1-750 Amplifier

Will do about 350-400 @ 4 ohms given you sustain 14v or better. On sale now for $169 so you can't really beat it and you have room for upgrade.

/e don't go with hfi from hifonics they don't do rated and the RE amplifiers are terrible now.

Yea, it's 4ohm 400w Rms sub.It looks good. Maybe it would be better if you buy a mono amplifier with SUBSONIC filter? Or SUBSONIC not needed? And it would be good if the amplifier is REMONTE bass control.
You need subsonic filter for extra excursion control if you use a ported enclosure. In a lot of cases, the usual "high pass" filter that you see on most amplifiers is good enough to be used as a subsonic filter. The difference is that subsonic filter goes down to like 15Hz, while the high pass normally goes down to "only" 20Hz. I personally see no issue with setting subsonic filter no lower than 20Hz. That's an inaudible frequency, and much music does not contain much content below 30Hz anyways. If box tuning frequency is at 30 Hz or higher, you may actually _have_ to use a higher subsonic filter frequency in some cases.

As for remote bass control, it's not necessary, unless your head unit does not have a subwoofer volume control. If you need subwoofer remote, then the mono block is more likely to have it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.