mono block amp for 2 15's MIN 2000 RMS

Lowkey
10+ year member

I'm searching for an affordable mono-block amp for (2) 15" woofers. Need at least 1000 rms per sub so to make up for efficiency would prefer an amp in the 3000 watt range. All depends on price. Anything over $300 is going to be out of my price range. I realize thats not much but thats why I'm looking at used options.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks for looking

note: Not very picky but I'm not looking for any Pyle, Boss or anything along those lines.

Don't think Id be interested in DB Drive or Crunch?

I have looked at the Audiopipe but dont know anything about the brand. For the price I assume they are overrated but by how much or if Id have problems with clipping or sound quality etc I have no idea.

I'm not really set on a specific impedance since I haven't ordered the subs yet I can still choose d2 or d4 ohm subs whatever works best with the amp.

That rf sounds interesting, haven't had any experience with them in quite a few years but I remember their amps being pretty beastly.

I have looked at the Audiopipe but dont know anything about the brand. For the price I assume they are overrated but by how much or if Id have problems with clipping or sound quality etc I have no idea.

I'm not really set on a specific impedance since I haven't ordered the subs yet I can still choose d2 or d4 ohm subs whatever works best with the amp.

That rf sounds interesting, haven't had any experience with them in quite a few years but I remember their amps being pretty beastly.
Dont judge an amp by its price.... Just because an audiopipe 3k cost $300, doesn't mean its overrated and wont put out 3k...

Dont judge an amp by its price.... Just because an audiopipe 3k cost $300, doesn't mean its overrated and wont put out 3k...

Agreed but if I dont know the brand I tend to err on the side of caution. As far as I know Audiopipe is no different than Pyle, Boss or that VR3 stuff at wal-mart lol. Which is to say cheap and way overrated. I have been doing some reading on here though that makes me think maybe the Audiopipe is more similar to Hifonics in that it has decent quality and a good watt for dollar ratio.

actually the audio pipe 3000 will do rated(or **** near it) with good electrical. also try a planet audio bb2400.1, i can vouch for its ability to do at least 2100rms, with good solid electrical i could see it doing 2400rms. they run around 300-350, does power @ 1 ohm. solid amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lowkey

10+ year member
Lowkey
Lincoln, Nebraska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from