Mono amps and rca

Participant count
  • Participant list

ronnie

CarAudio.com Newbie
AR
head unit has right and left sub outputs .
When i hook up rca to mono amps , lets say left to one and right to the other i get no bass, but if i unplug right or left rca then i get that one sub ? left and right rca work but not both at the same time .
I have two mono amps, each one is hook up to seperate subs.
Now it only will let me hook up one rca , if i hook up both there is no sound/

head unit has right and left sub outputs .
When i hook up rca to mono amps , lets say left to one and right to the other i get no bass, but if i unplug right or left rca then i get that one sub ? left and right rca work but not both at the same time .
I have two mono amps, each one is hook up to seperate subs.
Now it only will let me hook up one rca , if i hook up both there is no sound/
Now that's a confusing one I'd almost think one of the RCA was wired out of phase at the factory ...I've received high end RCAs with wires crossed on connections from the factory ...you'll be fine using one RCA side from the deck and add a Y adapter at the amps inputs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.