mono amp question

Let's say you have a 3k watt RMS mono amp that you're hooking to 2 subs that are 3k RMS each. It will put 1500 to each sub correct? A friend is telling me that the amp will put 3k to both subs since its basically all on one circuit. Which is correct?
It depends on the impedance of the subs and the actual output of the amp. But to answer your question the rms is split between the subs

Actually Op, that amp will put 3k x2 to each sub if you use double the wire.

No brainer here. You're gonna be boomin.

But in all seriousness, it depends in the impedance of the subs and how they are wired. Likely, if your subs are dual 4,s, then you can wire down to a 1ohm load.

However I'm not sure if that amp is 1 ohm stable. I think it is. Not sure. Good luck. You've got a lot to learn.

For the record not to insult the OP. There was a guy at audio express who believed that. Made other people believe that and then pushed that "knowledge" to the customers.... who preach it because a guy at "a professional shop" explained/taught/told them. Unfortunately you learn from experience and with so many people being fed that bs... I've heard it so many times from the younger guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.