Mono Amp Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dollar12
10+ year member

sd
Hi, I have a list of different amps that I was looking into. This is going to be for a pair of 10" Sundown SD-2 (500watts rms). These will be wired at 2ohms in a ported box custom made for a Tundra Crewmax. I'm going to be limited in space leaving me only underneath the passenger and drivers rear seat to place 2 separate amps (sub and highs).

Which would anyone of you recommend for the subs?

RF Prime R1000

RF Prime R1200

JL JX 1000/1D

I was also thinking about the Boston Acoustics GTA 1000M, but I don't think it would fit underneath the passengers rear seat.

As for the highs I was set on CDT Audio CL62 components and CDT Audio CL6ex. Which amps would you recommend?

RF 600-4D

JL XD 400/4

thanks

Cadence Momentum Series CSA5000.1 3000 Watt Peak Mono Block Class D Amplifier | eBay

(-NEW-) Massive Audio N3 1400 Watt RMS 1 Ohm Mono Mini Amp N-3 Amplifier | eBay

massive makes an amazing amp better then both listed

MMATS Amplifier Class D D1600.0 1ohm stable | eBay

but this is the absolute best option by a lot, made in the usa and super effecient

D1600.1 MMATS CAR AMP MONO-BLOCK 1CH 1600W SUB SUBWOOFER SPEAKER AMPLIFIER NEW | eBay

woofer etc sells it for 650 and thats the usual price but the other company is local to mmats

Cadence Momentum Series CSA5000.1 3000 Watt Peak Mono Block Class D Amplifier | eBay
(-NEW-) Massive Audio N3 1400 Watt RMS 1 Ohm Mono Mini Amp N-3 Amplifier | eBay

massive makes an amazing amp better then both listed

MMATS Amplifier Class D D1600.0 1ohm stable | eBay

but this is the absolute best option by a lot, made in the usa and super effecient

D1600.1 MMATS CAR AMP MONO-BLOCK 1CH 1600W SUB SUBWOOFER SPEAKER AMPLIFIER NEW | eBay

woofer etc sells it for 650 and thats the usual price but the other company is local to mmats
He needs 1000w at 2 ohms

One area would be about 14x9 and the other about 9x7, thats giving a little room. There may be room for the BA, but I don't really want to push it. I was looking to spend about 250-300 per amp(as far as online prices). Also would you recommend I use a farad cap? I was hearing that they are usually useless if you have a new car/battery. Im not really trying to use if they are not needed giving the budget and space.

For the 4 channel, I'm thinking Alpine PDX F4. Nice and small amps that sound good and do good power. They're about 315 shipped new online.

There are other amps that are pretty small and supposedly are pretty good like the Massive NX4 Massive Audio NX4 Nano Block Series 4-Channel 1600W Car Amplifier

Or the Precision Power Phantom 900.4

I can't comment from experience with either amp though. But they give u options and I have seen people vouch for them. Though sometimes people vouch for complete BS.

That JL XD amp u listed is nice but they run kind of hot sometimes. Never seem one shut off though, just got hot.

I'm looking for a mono amp now....

What would be the benefits of going to D4? Im still getting my box made by a sundown dealer. Shouldn't be a problem to switch. I was figuring out the D2 were 4ohms and to get them wired to 2 ohms.

thanks for the replies. princ3, I'm looking into the D4's for right. Would there be any amp problems considering the subs getting wire to 1ohm?

What is the quality of Massive Audio? I just barely heard about that brand recently and know nothing about them.

What would be a better option though?

Massive N3 or N4 vs RF PrimeR1200 vs JL JX 1000/D (I know the N3 may output less power, but would it still be a better choice? The N4 may be a little too big though)

and

4Ch:

Massive NX4 vs RF R600-4D vs JL XD 400/4?

As long as your amp is stable at one ohm, youll be fine wiring that low.

I can't comment on Massive stuff from experience but I hear it's at least decent. Personally, I'd go used.

But, Of those amps, I'd go JL ,RF, Massive in that order on both 4 channel and mono...but I don't think you'll be terribly dissatisfied with either.

the mmats amp is by far the ebst amp listed, entirely built here in florida and some of the most efficient amps i have every seen or played with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.