Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 vs Planet Audio Zetar Z-12

Deusle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SD SoCal
Well my sunroof doesn't like excess debeez, rather not do more damage to it.

Can't for the life of me decide between these two subs. I installed a Kappa 12.1 in my brothers car in a 1.1 cuft sealed and I love it.

Can't find much on the Zetar, but the carbon fiber catches my eye.

As for the Kappa.. 96db sensitivity. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Kappa:Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 12" 4-ohm subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

Zetar: Test Report: Planet Audio Zetar Z-12 Subwoofer

Power: 20.1 @ 4 ohms. (450w @ 12v)

Also, box recommendations for the Zetar?

Thats a good price.

I would go with the Kappa's, but Im prejudiced since I have a NIB pair of 10's waiting to be installed, so dont take my word on it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If they happen to be D4s would they take 1 ohm on the 20.1 with the gain tilted back?

What's the most you've seen pushed to a Kappa?

I'd go with the kappa's man. Never heard the zetar but the kappa's are so sweet sounding man. I don't imagine it getting a whole lot better without a lot of added cost. I have a perfect 12 here with me and in the right ported box that thing sounds amazing and has great output as well. I considered the new kappas with that switchable voice coil deal because I loved the kappa so much but its getting old.

$150 for a mint pair so it's finally catchin' my eye.
Inspect them closely where the spider attaches to the VC former. Both of my wife's Kappa perfect 12s have broken that glue joint. I think its common and is the result of playing or below tuning or high excursion. They sounded great though. The Z12 looks nice but I've never heard them though

Just picked up the Kappas, 3 hour drive tho...

Turns out they're in original boxes new still //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

S4s

Now idk if i wanna use them in my car or in teh home theatre

Anyone have some input on the Zetar?
I actually sold them when they were new. For being from planet audio they were very surprising. Held up to decent power and got plenty loud while still sounding great. Best sub they produced besides a few of the big bang subs for a while. I would imagine they are dirt cheap these days. They were fairly cheap back then if I remember correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.