Mmats LS650.1D

Participant count
  • Participant list

lowlow781

CarAudio.com Newbie
Chicago
Hello everyone! I'm getting back into car audio after a 25 year break. My first car audio system was in 1994. I had a Alpine head unit JL 6.5 components 3 JL 12 inch subwoofers powered by two Phoenix Gold amps with a acoustics crossover. So my question now is mmats still a reliable company? I'm looking to buy two of their entry level amps Ls650.1d and the Ls 4 channel amp. I'm not looking to compete. I'm also looking to run one 15 inch subwoofer. If there is any box builders on here I will need one. Thank you for any feedback you can give to this old Man!

Hello everyone! I'm getting back into car audio after a 25 year break. My first car audio system was in 1994. I had a Alpine head unit JL 6.5 components 3 JL 12 inch subwoofers powered by two Phoenix Gold amps with a acoustics crossover. So my question now is mmats still a reliable company? I'm looking to buy two of their entry level amps Ls650.1d and the Ls 4 channel amp. I'm not looking to compete. I'm also looking to run one 15 inch subwoofer. If there is any box builders on here I will need one. Thank you for any feedback you can give to this old Man!
Yes. MMatts is one of the very few companies that is still what they used to be and still does some (all?) manufacturing in the USA. I see some of their gear around occasionally still and never heard anything bad said about them in their entire history. I'd definitely trust their amps and subs to be of high build quality and deliver as advertised.

One bit of advice, almost all modern subwoofers are designed to be run in ported box and in general you are going to want a big box and a big port for best performance. Be absolutely certain you have the cargo area to sacrifice for an adequate box. 12" sub in the proper box will outperform the same sub in 15" in too-small box.

Not sure who makes and ships boxes these days, shipping cost is really a killer and your best hope is to find someone competent local to you I think.

I have a Chevy traverse putting it behind my 3rd row seats 33w 18.5 hight 17.5 D
I would do 3.75-4 cubes @ 30-32 HZ with that sub if you want ported. 2.5 cubes in a sealed box. It would work well in either configuration and sound good in either. If you have issues finding a designer/builder send me a message. I’m not super cheap, but I will ship.

Any thoughts on these amps? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220207-104451.png
    Screenshot_20220207-104451.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 53
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

lowlow781

CarAudio.com Newbie
lowlow781
Chicago