mixing amp brands

Participant count
  • Participant list
if im not mistaken those amps do power at different ohm loads.
and not trying to sound mean but if you have to ask a question like that are sure you know enough to try running 10k?
forgot that....kicker will do power at 2ohm and the sundown at 1

Kinda forgot about Kicker,and their 2 ohm power.That makes it a deffinate NO.

Even before that it was still a no though.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Will it work? Sure.

Will the subs get equal power? No

As mentioned, power is more complex than a flat number. It is constantly changing. Those amps were bad examples due to the different ratings and load capability.

Try to keep all subs equal and all sub amps equal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Thank you for all your help and I'll let you know how it all turns out. I'm putting it n a kia optima. I hope that it sounds as good as i think it...
Im not sure if this helps or is the correct way but I have 6.5 mids in the front doors and tweets in the pillars I used 2way 6x9s in the rear...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
NVX MVPA1 Best tiny amp Installed a bunch, but have one pushing a sealed 12 @ 2ohm in my daily beater Can bump it all day long and barely gets...
Amp
This tested well on youtube - not familiar with the brand but it is a pretty standard china build house amplifier...

About this thread

1loudZ71

10+ year member
1loudZ71
iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from