Min power you run to a sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Obviously much of it is car/sub/enclosure specific but im curious as to what the minimum amount of power you would run to one sub and still consider it to be worth while. I ask for two reasons.

1.Because im designing a system for someone that would never bother to lower the volume at stop lights or monitor their voltage and thus im afraid if i installed a 1k sub amp and 120rms 4 channel. They'd park and pound at idle and fry the the amps. I am trying to be safe here and build an SQ system that can still get loud enough that it can play an EDM/Dubstep song with authority.

2. Ive seen many many 5 channel amps that will say something like 2-500rms on their 5th channel and i just cant bring myself to really believe thats enough power(especially after rise) to have a great substage. I have next to no experience in a car with a lower powered sub

I know alot of you consider what i run (1k) to be low powered, you bass heads you..

just get proper power and set gains in a way that he can never destroy his stuff even at max boosts. When dealing with people like that, its better to do a super SPL setup to where they tap out before the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.