Mids or comps less than $100

u can get a pair of silvers brand new for under $100 just go buy dnt think just do. They will make u smile I promise
Yeah I know they are less than $100 new. Just seeing whats out there or trying to save a little bit of cash. Probably go with the Silver Flutes in 8" if I can fit them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

used cdt 6.5 shallow mids for 90 shipped or some new cdt mo-6 new mids for 125 shipped.both sound very nice and loud.shallows are 80 watts rms each ,and the mo-6 are 100 watts rms each

used cdt 6.5 shallow mids for 90 shipped or some new cdt mo-6 new mids for 125 shipped.both sound very nice and loud.shallows are 80 watts rms each ,and the mo-6 are 100 watts rms each
what model are the shallows?

If youre looking for some serious midbass on a budget, go with the Selenium 6w4p or 8w4p. They need a sealed, deadened door to produce the midbass, but once you give them that and about 100w each, you can get strong output down to around 60hz without much effort. You would need to run some separate tweeters if you went that route though.

If youre looking for some serious midbass on a budget, go with the Selenium 6w4p or 8w4p. They need a sealed, deadened door to produce the midbass, but once you give them that and about 100w each, you can get strong output down to around 60hz without much effort. You would need to run some separate tweeters if you went that route though.
Ill look into those. Thanks for the suggestion. Plan on going active if I can find a decent budget active crossover. I have some passives and tweets sitting around I may try those while I search for an active corssover.

the flutes and crossfires walk all over the seleniums. ive owned all 3 (a set in each door). and with a glass pod and sealed panel it goes like this for sound and midbass performance

crossfire

flutes

seleniums. :/

the flutes and crossfires walk all over the seleniums. ive owned all 3 (a set in each door). and with a glass pod and sealed panel it goes like this for sound and midbass performance
crossfire

flutes

seleniums. :/
Lol. I'm leaning towards the silvers right now. But the crossfires do look great.

I know this is a wtb thread but ill ask here instead of making a new thread. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent active crossover? I'm new to active and don't really know what to look for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.