Mids and Highs

Participant count
  • Participant list

jordon

CarAudio.com Elite
Looking for a pair of 6.5s and tweeters to run active. Looking to keep under it $150 for all of it but cheaper the better. I like mid bass a lot. Subs will be IB. Will have roughly 100 watts a channel at 4 ohms. So the one things is the tweeters will have to have a large face on them for to mount them. such as these linked here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WCQ4DG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A385A0XNQBW8HY

The tweeters will be mounted off axis on the upper part of my door. I'm okay with pro audio but I do want it to sound good but be able to jam out when needed without getting sloppy. Door are deadened. Will be sealing the doors off with CCF and adding fast rings when installing the 6.5s.

Looking for a pair of 6.5s and tweeters to run active. Looking to keep under it $150 for all of it but cheaper the better. I like mid bass a lot. Subs will be IB. Will have roughly 100 watts a channel at 4 ohms. So the one things is the tweeters will have to have a large face on them for to mount them. such as these linked here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WCQ4DG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A385A0XNQBW8HY
The tweeters will be mounted off axis on the upper part of my door. I'm okay with pro audio but I do want it to sound good but be able to jam out when needed without getting sloppy. Door are deadened. Will be sealing the doors off with CCF and adding fast rings when installing the 6.5s.
deadened alone wont do anything. You need somewhat of a sheet metal to cover all the big gaps in the doors. CLD tiles wont do sh*t for midbass if thats all you used to cover the holes.

CSCstang's mustang has the most midbass out of all the vehicles i've demo'd he uses DD tweeters, pwx 8s for midbass and infinity kappa for midrange controlled by a rockford dsr1 and powered by two ppi 900.4s

deadened alone wont do anything. You need somewhat of a sheet metal to cover all the big gaps in the doors. CLD tiles wont do sh*t for midbass if thats all you used to cover the holes.
CSCstang's mustang has the most midbass out of all the vehicles i've demo'd he uses DD tweeters, pwx 8s for midbass and infinity kappa for midrange controlled by a rockford dsr1 and powered by two ppi 900.4s
I'm wanting to keep it a 2 way set up. And kinda what I was figuring. Ill look into some thin sheet metal to use instead of CCF. Ill just use the ccf for all the rattling going in my door.

I'm wanting to keep it a 2 way set up. And kinda what I was figuring. Ill look into some thin sheet metal to use instead of CCF. Ill just use the ccf for all the rattling going in my door.
you'll want all of the above. CLD tiles to deaden the door and the interior plastic panels. CCF to prevent rattles and sheet metal to cover up the door gap.

Get some line array drivers.. like a PA driver but better bottom end. I have two McCauley 8" drivers and if I wouldn't be a bass head I wouldn't need a woofer

Get some line array drivers.. like a PA driver but better bottom end. I have two McCauley 8" drivers and if I wouldn't be a bass head I wouldn't need a woofer
any certains ones come to mind? prefer 6.5s and at a decent price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.