middle school class finishes SPL contest

Plyhammer - Its great that you're keeping in touch with us. I remember your post asking about the drivers and an approximate size for the box.

Anyway- good luck getting those 128 holes and 512 screws and 256 lengths put in before the end of school...

hell i think that we should get some of the board to wherever you are at to get this finished mid-summer if it doesn't get finished //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

2 posts left

128 holes now cut. whew, I figure that took probably 500ish minutes of work right there. Bad news... Don't let mdf get wet, it turns into cardboard. Luckily it only got the bottom 6" or so. Bracing to come......

speakerwall2.jpg

Wow just wow!!!

6th grade and yes, it is very advanced. I have good kids. If you would like I can give you their vocabulary list for the unit: electric current, alternating current, direct current, resistance, voltage, ampere, frequency, speed of sound, dopplar effect, wavelength, wattage, ohm, ohm's law, parallel circuit, series circuit, conductor, insulator, and decibel.
dopplar effect!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvVvvVvvVVVVRRRROOOOOOMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Thats an awesome project. I member in 6th grade for the science section we had to make an element light up. Coming from a youngin' its projects like these that really make the information stick. I hate the teachers that think if you are having too much fun you wont learn.

You have the right mindset for a teacher! You should make that a yearly project so the 5th graders have something to look forward to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif!

We wired it yesterday and hooked it up to the radio in my room just to test it. The bottom two rows aren't on along with one column. The wiring is brutal, I will try to put pics today of the back.

WOW, can't beleive that you actually caught the PE in there! The speakers and many other parts of the project were donated by a very nice electronics company that I can't mention!

nope not mendelsons. I will be taking it to a comp somewhere. It won't do well but it will be fun to look at. Know of anything in our area?

nope not mendelsons. I will be taking it to a comp somewhere. It won't do well but it will be fun to look at. Know of anything in our area?
well you just missed the cinci meet, there is going to be a DB Drag event in centerville I believe on the 28th. I'll get more info for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.