Midbass subwoofer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CarAudioNewbie9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BFE
Okay folks, here is the scoop. I recently started upgrading my audio system. I put zero gauge wires in, replaced the battery and alternator, put a Kenwood 942u deck in and replaced my stock 6x9s and 5x7s with the best Infinity Kapps. All is well, however, I am wondering about midbass subwoofers. I don't have any subs in the trunk yet, but I plan on putting some in. Right now all my speakers are running off the headunit amp. I was thinking that I could custom install a JL Audio ZR800-CW in the back right between the 6x9s and then run an amp to power them all to 90% RMS. What amp would do the job and is this even a good idea? I drive a Lincoln Town Car if that helps. Thanks.

amping the kappas will increase their midbass output. if you still want more midbass. go for it. but youll need another amp to set crossovers appropriately.

if you are determined to buy more speakers, i vote amp the kappas, get some decent subwoofers and set ya x-over ~90

Also, deadening your doors and sealing off any holes will increase midbass greatly as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.