Midbass Rattles Windows

kicker06
10+ year member

Umm, I don't pay for food
Yes, my door windows rattle from the midbass. I do not know how to get rid of this. Each door has 15sq ft of damplifier, and my window rattles when it is completly up. When I have it 1/2 down, it doesn't rattle as bad, and when it's completly down it's better.

What should I do to help stop the window from rattling? Besides turning the midbass down.

Any solutions, or anyone in the same boat with similar problems?

Thanks.

Speakers are Crystal SSCS6's btw, and they door mounted.

My midbass rattles my mirrors ... not my window. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Not sure of anything you can do. Does it rattle the window itself or the metal components inside the door ?

Funny, I started having the same problems with the same speakers after I installed my 880PRS. It really woke the midbass up.

My problem is the metal parts inside the door. But, my doors are sealed up.

09-16-06_1343.jpg

I moved my HPF up from 80hz up to 100hz and my sub slope (@80hz) from 18db to 12 db. In the end it really cleaned up the sound.

Should I deaden the window plate (it moves), or leave it alone? Maybe I should just deaden some more things.

I have them currently crossed @ 80hz. I tried to cross them @ 125hz but there is really no midbass. I am using the HU crossovers. I feel I should deaden the door more, but I am not sure.

Here is my deadening job (took pic about 3/4 of the way through)

Whole Door

yooo6mu.jpg

Door Panel where speaker sits (Deadened More than this)

yooo22ds.jpg

Once Again

yooo33oc.jpg

Outter Skin

yoo45nd.jpg

Yup

sdd7yi.jpg

I can't figure out what the glass would vibrate against to make noise? Could a mount be loose? There should be weather stripping all around, shouldn't there?

Did you mount the speakers on an MDF baffle? Look in the "Proper Sound Deadening" Sticky at the top of this forum. Unless you get a good baffle for the speaker to mount to, it can vibrate the whole door. Do some of the extra steps in that thread, and you should stop most of the rattling, and get a lot nicer sound.

Another issue I believe I am seeing is that it is mounted into the doorcard, not the actual metal itself.

I can't really tell all that much, but I think your speaker sits below your door handle, in which sits at the top left of your door, closer to the mirror end of the door?

Anyways, the baffle is a good suggestion, but, I think there may be just an issue with either window design, or damage actually down to the window through usage.

The reason being is that if I am correct in my assumption, the speaker is detached fromt he entire metal portion itself, which would reduce the amount of vibrations actually directly transferred into the structure of the window itself.

All I can think of is to try this: Buy a few rubber washers, at a thickness you believe might fit into the joints of the window's framework joints. Cut a slice so that you can slip the washer into place. Lube the washer up with some mid level grease. Slip it on, and see if it helps.

Thats all I can think of without knowong the nature of your windows frame and joints on the scissors lift. I had a similar 'type' of window lift in my Grand am, so I am going off of that design.

You are correct, it is NOT mounted to the metal door, but the plastic door panel.

The rubber washer idea...wont work as the grill would not fit on the door panel if the speaker sat farther out.

Cannot do the MDF baffle either.

Im SOL. Maybe I should find what the virbration really is, and then go from there.

i got some of those little fuzzy things you put on the bottom of chairs to where they don't f up tile and wood floors when the chair slides at walmart, then I stuck em to wherever metal contacts metal and could end up rattling. Try that.

The rubber washer idea...wont work as the grill would not fit on the door panel if the speaker sat farther out.

QUOTE]

I meant between the joints on the windows sliders, inside. Not on the speaker area.

Felt tabs as mentioned earlier might be a good idea

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.