Mercury Capri Project Car

bigaudiofanatic
10+ year member

Dynamic Mobile Audio
Dover DE
Well first off this is going to be a bit slow. I found this car fram a friend of mine. I came over his house and just noticed it sitting there. After talking to him about it I bought it for 500. It is a 1994 Mercury Capri non turbo automatic.

My plans:

Clean it up to running condition

Wheels and Tires

Audio System "Still Taking Ideas"

Next year:

Engine swap and trans swap 2.0L

Auto to manual swap

Repaint

Custom seats

Objective: To have a fun little car for corners and weekend drives, also just something to toy with.

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

Clean the engine bay

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

I wanted to check out the paint so I really cleaned a small area than waxed it. Came up well. After I wash clay and wax the car I think it will all come up well.

IMG_0525.jpg

Starting up the car after 5 years of sitting. I think the stale fuel and the ecu being stupid has a big factor in that it kept stalling.

First try

Second

Small trunk

IMG_0536.jpg

After a quick was "started to rain" So I really did not get a chance to clean as well as I wanted.

IMG_0537.jpg

wow the capri's aren't what the used to be. looks like fun tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I got it!

The big thing was a big split in the intake hose after patching that and holding my foot down for it to warm up it found its idel speed and was fine!

Now correct me if I am wrong but rough cold warm ups and than running smooth after warm up means the pvc valve?

After wash

IMG_0543.jpg

Scrubbed the top down before and after

IMG_0544.jpg

Clayed and waxed

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.