Mercedes W203 Install (Speakers & Amp), Opinions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
Hello All,

So I haven't done much with my system in my 2007 C230 in a long time. I am running all stock speakers on my Pioneer 5700BHS (may switch to 4800BS soon).

I have got the itch to upgrade my interior speakers, and possible add a small 10 or something down the road.

I like my music clean, but would be looking for more of a loud setup from my components.

I will be doing a coaxial in the rear doors. I think I can fit a 6.5. And I will be doing a 6.5 component set up front.

My 2 thoughts are go with a like brand, maybe Infinity or Polk that offers both of these, and then just get a decent 4 channel amp to power. I would like to purchase everything new.

Or... I could get an active capable amp and purchase these speakers from parts express or somewhere similar. I dont have much experience with active set ups, so this would be more where the opinions come in (as in active set ups some of you all have ran before).

I do really like bass, but my stock highs are just poop, and I feel upgrading them first would add most to the current system.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome... I will be buying some sound deadener as well, so I will do my best to treat the doors these speakers are going into.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.