Memphis SR quality

Participant count
  • Participant list

Braindead

Senior VIP Member
York, SC
How would they be for my first setup? I can pick up a pair of SR 12's for $150 at a pawn shop and would probably take them out of the box they're in, but are they any good for spl? 250w seems kinda weak to me, so can they push any air?

I was looking at a pair of SA10's in a custom box, brutus 1600.1, 1/0 gauge, yadda yadda but my parents brought the hammer down and limited me to $400 of my own money to spend on my subs. Bummer.

I was also looking at a couple RF P3 10's on a 1100.1 Brutus, would this hit any better than the memphis which i would run at 600w?

How would they be for my first setup? I can pick up a pair of SR 12's for $150 at a pawn shop and would probably take them out of the box they're in, but are they any good for spl? 250w seems kinda weak to me, so can they push any air?
I was looking at a pair of SA10's in a custom box, brutus 1600.1, 1/0 gauge, yadda yadda but my parents brought the hammer down and limited me to $400 of my own money to spend on my subs. Bummer.

I was also looking at a couple RF P3 10's on a 1100.1 Brutus, would this hit any better than the memphis which i would run at 600w?
is 400 your total budget?

400 is a Very doable budget for just bang. 2 American Bass vfl or tnt subs on a budget amp or good used amp would be louder and sound better than anythin u've mentioned. And Plenty under budget.

is 400 your total budget?
Yeah, but i already have my head unit and knu 4 gauge coming in tommorrow. I could probably talk them down to $120 for the 2 memphis subs and their box, but i feel like they can only take 600. And i also have a sneaking suspicion that they're svc

400 is a Very doable budget for just bang. 2 American Bass vfl or tnt subs on a budget amp or good used amp would be louder and sound better than anythin u've mentioned. And Plenty under budget.
How much would 2 tnt's cost and how big of a box would they like

Are the xd's good? TNT's would leave me with no money for an amp
I dont personally have exp with the xd series but I had great luck with both my tnts and the xfls and I see lots of people with good results from the xd8s, Id say go for it.

I dont personally have exp with the xd series but I had great luck with both my tnts and the xfls and I see lots of people with good results from the xd8s, Id say go for it.
I just contacted ab for a quote on 2 10 xds, hopefully theyll go for $180-$190. Do you think on a brutus 1100.1 they'd beat a memphis 18"? Theres this dickhole that thinks he knows everything about subs and he's having daddy buy him a 18. And trying to put it in a prefab. Pure loudness since thats how he defines a sub.

I just contacted ab for a quote on 2 10 xds, hopefully theyll go for $180-$190. Do you think on a brutus 1100.1 they'd beat a memphis 18"? Theres this dickhole that thinks he knows everything about subs and he's having daddy buy him a 18. And trying to put it in a prefab. Pure loudness since thats how he defines a sub.
Im not sure Memphis ever made an 18 but one 18 does kill two 10s in cone area and usually more cone area= louder.

Im not sure Memphis ever made an 18 but one 18 does kill two 10s in cone area and usually more cone area= louder.
Maybe if i went with 2 12's? But i think that'd take around a 4 cube box and i can't really give up that much space

4cubes *after* port and sub displacement. Even two 12s would be short on cone area vs 1 18. How to figure cone area? Pi x (r x r)=cone area. Pi=3.14 and r= radius(half diameter) of subwoofer. With that bein said 2 properly powered 12s in a custom enclosure could very well out beat one 18 in a prefab box. There are many other variables to consider.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.