Memphis SR quality

Participant count
  • Participant list

Braindead

Senior VIP Member
York, SC
How would they be for my first setup? I can pick up a pair of SR 12's for $150 at a pawn shop and would probably take them out of the box they're in, but are they any good for spl? 250w seems kinda weak to me, so can they push any air?

I was looking at a pair of SA10's in a custom box, brutus 1600.1, 1/0 gauge, yadda yadda but my parents brought the hammer down and limited me to $400 of my own money to spend on my subs. Bummer.

I was also looking at a couple RF P3 10's on a 1100.1 Brutus, would this hit any better than the memphis which i would run at 600w max?

Are the fosgates p3 slims? What vehicle is it going in? 400 is your budget? Check the SR's if you get em, even though I do not think ull b satisfied with their output and end up blowing em by accident. For 150, I would go with one higher quality 12 such as a sundown or an incrimminator or something. Better to get a little beefier sub so u can power it sufficiently instead of overpowering some low rms subs. (Check here for that much new I believe, check the classifieds for a sub) Gimme gimme gimme info and specs so me and other bored audiophiles can assist you.

Are the fosgates p3 slims? What vehicle is it going in? 400 is your budget? Check the SR's if you get em, even though I do not think ull b satisfied with their output and end up blowing em by accident. For 150, I would go with one higher quality 12 such as a sundown or an incrimminator or something. Better to get a little beefier sub so u can power it sufficiently instead of overpowering some low rms subs. (Check here for that much new I believe, check the classifieds for a sub) Gimme gimme gimme info and specs so me and other bored audiophiles can assist you.
I posted this in the wrong forum, actually figured out my setup in the subwoofer forum. 2001 Jeep GC, I'm going with 2 ab xd10's on a brutus 1100.1 and i have knu 4 gauge cca arriving tomorrow. I reached out to ab for a quote on the subs and i'm hoping around $190 for both. Custom box, until i know for sure how much room they'll want i'm going to say 3 cubes @33Hz

That should be good? Might wanna check that wiring after a little bit of thumping to make sure that cca is holding its own, check the grounds ...etc u know... You Should be good as far as amp and subs goes. Get that amp tuned by somebody who really knows it that way the life of the amps and subs are good and long. Good luck with the build dude, if you need anything don't be afraid to hit us up. Show us the install when ur done!!

That should be good? Might wanna check that wiring after a little bit of thumping to make sure that cca is holding its own, check the grounds ...etc u know... You Should be good as far as amp and subs goes. Get that amp tuned by somebody who really knows it that way the life of the amps and subs are good and long. Good luck with the build dude, if you need anything don't be afraid to hit us up. Show us the install when ur done!!
One last question, is the amp tuning guide on crutchfield any good?

How to make the bass in your car sound its best

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.