Memphis Mojo Vs Kicker L7 vs jbl comp

All 3 are good subs, I will note that the jbls are by far more musical than the others mentioned. With that said, the l7, and the mojos are the loudest options imo.

Spl~ l7's/ mojo's

Sql~ gti's

I vote JBL. I haven't owned memphis subs, I had a pair of their speakers and they got plenty loud and had a great warranty but I don't feel they are the greatest company for SQ, I have also owned an L5 sub and felt it had plenty of SPL potential but not near the SQ quality my old MTX T8000 had, after owning a square speaker I personally think the round ones do a better job responding to fast music and reproducing enjoyable sound. Never owned JBL but they have a pretty decent reputation from what I have heard...the next queston would be if you want to go after SPL or SQL?

well basically an overall great sub... Sound quality i want it to hit nice and clean but i also want it to be loud as hell insane bass

well basically an overall great sub... Sound quality i want it to hit nice and clean but i also want it to be loud as hell insane bass
What kind of music you listen to. Not sure what you would consider sound quality.

I vote JBL. I haven't owned memphis subs, I had a pair of their speakers and they got plenty loud and had a great warranty but I don't feel they are the greatest company for SQ, I have also owned an L5 sub and felt it had plenty of SPL potential but not near the SQ quality my old MTX T8000 had, after owning a square speaker I personally think the round ones do a better job responding to fast music and reproducing enjoyable sound. Never owned JBL but they have a pretty decent reputation from what I have heard...the next queston would be if you want to go after SPL or SQL?
i own memphis m-class 12's and theyre real nice. Great sq, handle more than double RMS power for a year straight, and get plenty loud. Ive heard a mojo in person and an L7 in person. The mojo is insane to say the least. The L7 was loud, but it hurt my ears from shitty SQ... the mojo is an spl-only sub, and it still had better sq than the L7.

Though if i had the money, i would say JBL FTW.

In a direct swap from 2-12"mojos, to 2-12"L7s, with a mojo2000d on each one, the L7s were louder in our test. IMO, people who say the L7s can't sound good don't know how to build a box....

In a direct swap from 2-12"mojos, to 2-12"L7s, with a mojo2000d on each one, the L7s were louder in our test. IMO, people who say the L7s can't sound good don't know how to build a box....

in every direct swap we've ever done the mojo has been louder. every single time. we most often use a single 15'' however. but we have also done it with 2 12's. funny how things work out...

the wierd thing is we couldnt pull any numbers with L7's but the SQ was amazing. i'm in agreement totally with your cant build a box theory.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.