good bass.

60ndown
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ca
i just wanted to share a thought, it seems to me that many people here buy a sub that takes 300rms and then get an amp that can push 300 rms. its a mistake. if your amp is running 'full tilt' or 300rms all the time you will get several problems (overheating and clipping etc) so if you have a sub that can take 300rms, get an amp that can do 500 or 600, this way your amp will not be struggling to push your sub, bass will sound cleaner and equipment will probably not get destroyed. its a basic outline on my bass experienc over the years, overpowerd subs sound better and last longer than underpowerd.

overpowerd subs sound better and last longer than underpowerd.
Then you're doing something wrong if they don't last.

Headroom can be a good thing, but there's nothing fundamentally "wrong" with underpowering other than a lower volume. And less idiot protection.

Headroom can be a good thing, but there's nothing fundamentally "wrong" with underpowering other than a lower volume. And less idiot protection.
can there be too much of this honestly

id guess more people fry their subs /amps trying to get the bump they want and the sound they want by pushing their equipment too hard. a 150 rms sub being driven by a 300wrms amp is going to please more people than a 600wrms sub being driven by a 80 wrms amp. id guess by the images in your sig that you would a known that.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

a 150 rms sub being driven by a 300wrms amp is going to please more people than a 600wrms sub being driven by a 80 wrms amp. id guess by the images in your sig that you would a known that.
Hard to say for certain. There are ways to make that 80 watt setup louder than the 150 watt one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Not quite sure what you meant by the second part of that...

One is not necessarily better than the other as long as the user knows what he's doing. Using less power or more power, a person who does not understand the limitations of the setup will likely damage something.

Personally, I go with a bit more power, watch the gains and never let anyone mess with my settings

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.