Memphis Audio C3 review

Participant count
  • Participant list

supereikenator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I picked up a new Memphis C3 12 for $120 and got it installed, I must say, I'm impressed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I wasn't ever a huge Memphis fan so I had my doubts, but here's what I think.

Packaging:

Typical subwoofer packing, foam, pretty graphics on the box, etc.

Appearance:

I think this is a dang good looking sub, the cone looks very clean, dark grey with a slight sheen to it, the only feature on it is the small silver Memphis badge. The cast basket looks good, the terminals were solid, all that stuff.

Performance:

Put it in a custom ported box tuned to ~32hz, powered it off of a Memphis SR.500(also got it new for $120), Kenwood X396 head unit sending signal from iPhone 4S mostly. It performs awesome, once it was broken in I was finally able to crank it. This sub really impressed me. I listen to mostly metal so there's a lot going on in my music, the bass is very punchy, clean, and controlled. It hits even the fastest double kick right on time, and very tight. Now for rap, techno, etc. I can't say much for high notes as I have everything above 80hz filtered out. But this thing loves the lows, they take your breath away. The sound quality for everything that I have played through it has been superb as well.

Verdict:

This sub is great, it really is. Not the loudest, or cleanest, but for the price it's the best I have ever heard in that range. I'd even say spending $200 is okay for it.

My first review, hopefully it's not too bad, feel free to ask any questions if I left something important out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure honestly, I'd say it's similar to a Type-R, Ascendant Chaos, P3, or an SA, but a helluva a lot cleaner sounding. The SA and Ascendant would be louder though.
Nice, and yeah those two would be much louder, deeper I'd imagine also. I've always likes Memphis, just never been a huge fan of the prices my local shop who sells them has them marked for. I can get them much cheaper in surrounding places, or on here. Only problem I've encountered is that you have to be careful how much power you put on the lower model ones, but I believe the C3's can take a good amount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

supereikenator

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
supereikenator
Strafford, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies