Memphis Amps

Strykker118A

Ohio
Hey guys Im new to the forums and really dont have a lot of experience with car audio. I used to be back in high school but was too young to know enough. Slowly building another system piece by piece and had a few questions on a good amp. I have heard good things about Memphis and came across a Memphis 16-ST1000D for 100 bucks. Just curious as to if this is a good deal and how good these amps are? My buddy has a 1,100 watt rms Memphis and it does pretty well. Basically want to know if this amp would be good for a set of 12" Alpine Type S subs. Theyre 300 watts rms and 900 watts peak. Im pretty sure at a 1 ohm load the memphis is pushing 1,100 watts rms. Any advice would be great!

Yes, it's quite good your speakers. But then you have to pay attention not to blow your subs. But great deal good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks fellas. Yeah I had already planned on turning the amp down a little bit. Specs say it is 2200 watts peak. Sooner or later Im going to upgrade subs but I got two 12" Type S subs in a sealed box off CL for 60 bucks. Couldnt pass it up and same goes with this amp. $100 seems like a good deal for the Memphis.

Thanks fellas. Yeah I had already planned on turning the amp down a little bit. Specs say it is 2200 watts peak. Sooner or later Im going to upgrade subs but I got two 12" Type S subs in a sealed box off CL for 60 bucks. Couldnt pass it up and same goes with this amp. $100 seems like a good deal for the Memphis.
As long as its in 100% wrking order. Better test before u buy...

One of my first systems was a pair of new type s's in a dual slot ported box and 500w rms MRP Alpine amp. It knocked pretty good on the lows. If you wanna up the bass on those, get yourself a ported box. You will thank me later.

For $100 too, that is a steal. The MCD-1000D I had was the newer version of that amp and it did some work on a pair of M3's I just recently sold.

Price sounds pretty good - amp is pretty old though - make sure it works before buying!

Small footprint for 1000 watts - biggest design flaw was the internal fusing (accessible from the bottom), but otherwise awesome amps.

Yea the price isn't bad at all for that amp... it will do roughly 1200-1300 watts on the right electrical system.. they do eat some electrical also when at 1ohm and lower..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.