Memphis 12's in ported box problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

david01_69
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
tx
Like it says i have 2 memphis 12's in a ported truck box (in a single cab truck) They have so much low bass you can't hardly set in the truck but they won't hitt it's just low bass all the time....I talk to one of my friends that works at a caraudio shop and he said to go ported with them memphis 12's so i tryed it.The low bass is amazing but it don't hitt its the m class 12's dual 4 ohm voice coils there like 200 or 300 rms the amp is a coustik 4 ch. amp it does over 480 watts rms i run my hole system off it so that gives me 400 watts rms for the subs and 80 watts or more for the highs(I like the low bass but i also want it to hitt hard....)So can ya'll help me out...And it don't matter how i adjust it they just has too much low bass and when i do kinda get it to hitt hard it sounds like **** ........but i like the subs i don't want to get new ones so can ya'll help me out the box is tune to 40...(if that helps)cd player ia a pioneer 6400 model.....Thanks for trying to help just post what you think.........................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.