Medic for my 1000/1v2

momax_powers
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Canada
i tried hookin up my B2 AS12 mkii D2 to the 1000/1v2 @ 4 ohms but when i start the car both the green power led and the yellow low ohm led stay on. Theres no output (also no buzzing or hum like some people get in the same situation). Ohm light stays on even when sub is not connected. Voltage is fine, both ground and power are fine, gain is set conservatively, coils in series read 4.2. Only conclusion is maybe an internal short so i opened it up and took some pics. All the fets look fine, resistors look fine, no burning smell, although everything i know about amp circuit boards can fit in a thimble so maybe someone call take a look and point out anything that may be of concern...

IMG_1464_zps9ce15801.jpg

IMG_1465_zps538e9fb9.jpg

IMG_1466_zpsdff286ba.jpg

IMG_1469_zps5481ca30.jpg

IMG_1471_zpsb07c9ae3.jpg

Have you consulted the manual or looked online to see what the condition is for the LED status code?
Yes it says either imp is too low or there is a short in the speaker wires ... Checked and not the case.... Ive used jl amps for yrs and personally have many of them but never came across this problem before

I had the same issue with my 300/2. Turned out it was a bad FET or two. Haven't had it repaired yet, but JL has will fix the Slash amps for a flat $125 if it is out of warranty.

Cost was 225 after shipping for me on my v1 not too bad for a great amp imo
Yea gemsen (the canadian jl distributer) said they can replace it with a refurb for 215$ but i only payed 250 for it initially coupled with the fact that i already have another 1000/1v2, hd1200/1 and an mb quart onx1600 it doesnt make sense for me to spend money on it

Edit: unless its a small problem i can get fixed for 100$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.