mechman or dc power alt

[quote name='Jerhemy']yeah, the price for an alt will change drastically from car to car.

I just bought a mechman 240amp alt over a DC power 270 amp I think it was, simply cause of price tag. @VertexAudio; hooked me up and it was about 200 less than the DC alt.

Never heard anything but great reviews of the DC alts though. if they're the same price I would honestly pick the DC honestly.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat lol, about to order a Mechman 240a from Vertex.

I'm in the same boat lol, about to order a Mechman 240a from Vertex.
haha hell yea. I just got mine, the billet aluminum one, it's smexy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The guy at DC told me last week when I ordered the alt I should have it yesterday or today. Wasn't here today so I called them and they are guessing when they can get the parts to finish it. Someting about the anodizing might be done in ten days. But he did tell me I could call back Monday and they might spray paint one for me and send it out. Not sure if that's the way I want to go since I paid full price for this alt.

if you don't mind waiting DC is good. Mechman might ship out faster tho.

I'm not screaming victim here I did the research before I ordered from DC, I was just hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that got a alt shipped fast

Tell us why his alt is the best out there.....or do you just prefer the taste of his nuts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Wow I hope all your 9000+ post are not like this

Stinger has just been a proven alt from back in the day long before you joined this forum

I'm kinda old school to and stinger alts was what everyone wanted back then

I never heard of mechman or DC power till I joined this forum I'm not saying they are not good I just never heard of them 15-20 years ago. I went with DC power and I'm in for a hell of a wait on my alt that I needed the day I ordered it

Wish I went stinger I wouldn't mind being a nuthugger if I had a HO alt that had years of proven reliability already in my truck

Wow I hope all your 9000+ post are not like thisStinger has just been a proven alt from back in the day long before you joined this forum

I'm kinda old school to and stinger alts was what everyone wanted back then

I never heard of mechman or DC power till I joined this forum I'm not saying they are not good I just never heard of them 15-20 years ago. I went with DC power and I'm in for a hell of a wait on my alt that I needed the day I ordered it

Wish I went stinger I wouldn't mind being a nuthugger if I had a HO alt that had years of proven reliability already in my truck
Apparently you can't read, he said SINGER alts, not STINGER. Either way he needs to back up his statement.

Your DC will be worth the wait. I have 3 of them and have installed around 10 more and they all have performed very well. Few of them going on 50k miles now....

Hey @t\-money, regardless of the manufacturer you decided to go with, check what case the alternator is in. I have read of some people getting basic 3G Alternator cases with a bracket for their car, from a few places. Nothing is wrong with that, unless it changes the length of the belt you need, length of the adapter plug for your car or other things. You would want to clarify everything with the manufacturer before hand. This could also become a problem for selling the alternator to someone as they would need to have a bracket made up for their ride.

Just ask them if its an OEM case, direct bolt-on or not. They will tell you :)

I've been asking around for quotes on an alternator for my new ride. DC Power seems to be pretty steep with their prices, but I hear they make a solid alt! Mechman seems fairly reasonable on their prices. I had an Iraggi alternator on my prior ride, and I know that he has been under a lot of flame for prior year screw-ups, but I never had an issue with mine. Might be worth your while to get a quote from him, just search him on Facebook: Iraggi Alternator. I might be getting my new one from him.

Options: Mechman, DC Power, Singer, Iraggi, Excessive Amperage, Ohio Gen, and others.

EDIT: No more Tenney alts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

t-money

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
t-money
Toronto,Ont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date