mechman or dc power alt

good to know! I hadn't ever run across that in my searching. they can't even make one for my car anyways lol.
A few guys local tried him. One was the wrong alt twice, then the right one didnt work. One was missing screws and the stud fell off. Thats just the ones I know first hand

A few guys local tried him. One was the wrong alt twice, then the right one didnt work. One was missing screws and the stud fell off. Thats just the ones I know first hand
haha ****, thats quite a string of stuff to sway your opinion though man. Simple issues too, that should have been avoidable.

haha ****, thats quite a string of stuff to sway your opinion though man. Simple issues too, that should have been avoidable.
He sent the missing screws one to Nate at EA to fix. Nate posted pics of it opened up on his facebook page. He didnt say who it came from but you could tell.

I didn't do proper search on stinger when I ordered an alt I looked but didn't find one. Now I know to look under mike stinger

Mechman vs dc power can't go wrong with either I went with dc for best price on idle amps for the money on my truck

It should be in this week. But for proven power it's hard to beat stinger they are tried and true.

i like my DC power 220a... i got it for $175.....

the out put is great. i have a small bit of voltage drop full til while @ idle and next to none at all at 2k rpms.

Are the mechman good alts? So first choice should be Singer, then Mechman then DC?
As with any company there can be issues or probpems that sneak out nasty08impala on here has a 270 mechman had bearing noise right out the gate then i5 quite properly charging a few weeks later they repaired it and shipped it back pretty quick havent heard of any issues since.

dc > all others

been running a 270xp in my Tacoma for a couple years now

But I did go with Singer for my Blazer. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but will soon. Excellent customer service and the price was right

Honestly? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
honestly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

t-money

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
t-money
Toronto,Ont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date