Anybody in mid-Michigan interested in installing big 3 for me?

sjv13
10+ year member

StayStrange
I live near East Lansing and would like someone to install the big 3 for me. If you have your own 0g wire I wouldnt mind buying it off of you for this use, but if you dont then I could buy my own. We could negotiate how much I pay you.

I live near East Lansing and would like someone to install the big 3 for me. If you have your own 0g wire I wouldnt mind buying it off of you for this use, but if you dont then I could buy my own. We could negotiate how much I pay you.
Have you gone to any local shops around there?

Have you gone to any local shops around there?
There arent any. Closest is in Grand Rapids and wants to charge $65 an hour and estimate 3 hours. That's almost $200 just for labor. Their 0g is $7 per foot.

There arent any. Closest is in Grand Rapids and wants to charge $65 an hour and estimate 3 hours. That's almost $200 just for labor. Their 0g is $7 per foot.
Holy crap, that's a ripoff. Come up north, lol. The placed up here is much better, cheaper, and does good work. Or in cheboygan

@basswiigee;
The battery is under the hood, but it is really cramped in the engine bay and it looks like they'd have to remove some stuff to be able to get to the wires. I just dont know if I trust ABC Warehouse with my car...

[quote name='sjv13']@basswiigee;
The battery is under the hood, but it is really cramped in the engine bay and it looks like they'd have to remove some stuff to be able to get to the wires. I just dont know if I trust ABC Warehouse with my car...[/QUOTE]

dont remove the wires just add to it

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

go to an alternator place they should be able to do it, just tell them what you need added

lol watch them do it and just cuz abc warehouse owns them they are seperate atleast down here they are and two of the guys work @ cartunes and mickey shorr, i'm not saying get no custom job done there, go tell 'em what to do and watch 'em, or see if dude from dukes could do it, dukes was the place when i lived in flint...

Extreme Car Audio?
yes, them. What's your take on those guys?

Looking for the same, I have a friend at dukes who would do it. I'll ask him if you intereted
yeah, would you mind getting me a quote? It's a 2000 Volvo v70

dont remove the wires just add to it 

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

go to an alternator place they should be able to do it, just tell them what you need added
I know you're supposed to just add, but getting to the posts and connection points is the hard part. I called a car shop and they said they wouldnt let me bring my own wire.

lol watch them do it and just cuz abc warehouse owns them they are seperate atleast down here they are and two of the guys work @ cartunes and mickey shorr, i'm not saying get no custom job done there, go tell 'em what to do and watch 'em, or see if dude from dukes could do it, dukes was the place when i lived in flint...
I'm just sketched out by those guys. I went to a Mickey Shorr once connected to the ABC Warehouse just to check it out and boxes were scattered all over and they tried to tell my I should get $100 Alpine Type-S components and sell my $300 Focal IS 165s.... I just don't trust them after they tried to pull something like that.

yes, them. What's your take on those guys?

yeah, would you mind getting me a quote? It's a 2000 Volvo v70

I know you're supposed to just add, but getting to the posts and connection points is the hard part. I called a car shop and they said they wouldnt let me bring my own wire.

I'm just sketched out by those guys. I went to a Mickey Shorr once connected to the ABC Warehouse just to check it out and boxes were scattered all over and they tried to tell my I should get $100 Alpine Type-S components and sell my $300 Focal IS 165s.... I just don't trust them after they tried to pull something like that.
they might be using a welding wire and it might be good enough for the big 3, most alternator shop uses those welding wires

they might be using a welding wire and it might be good enough for the big 3, most alternator shop uses those welding wires
When I called and talked to them, I remember there was another reason I didnt want them to do it, but I cant remember what it is now hahaha. I'm thinking about just not doing my car anymore and spending some money on home audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.