Meca Gone Broke (Steve Makes Announcement)

lilmaniac2
5,000+ posts

Ask Me about SI Mag V4!
Disclaimer: I did not attend finals, nor did I hear any of this personally, but through a calibration of multiple parties of who attended it appears as tho I'm the only one with balls enough to post anything about it.

It seems the economic impact of us Few competitors who meca would go on without seems to be felt quite harshly. After speaking with many competitors at finals this year during the dinner banquet Steve announced that he had to mortgage his house to pay for MECA. This is a very sad thing, and i dont wish the bad lucky upon Steve himself, but we did make a stand this year. Our Goal was to show that the competitors should have a voice and not 2 people running the organization into the ground. Steve will not be traveling next year, nor do i think he will be hiring event directors to cover long distances. So what I have gathered through a few different conversations is that Factory Backed competitors were asked to talk with Steve to "work something out". I was told he asked these things in a very round about way, but it was clear the mission, To ask for money. I hope Steve doesn't lose his house, but i do hope he realizes our purpose. Maybe next years rules will revert to something we can live with, otherwise MECA wont make it another year.

ON a side note Us West Virginians were pointed out during one of the award presentations for Forum Spammer of the year. From what i can gather Steve said the award goes to the only spammer that didn't get banned, like the West Virginia Folk. I do think i had more posts this year than him, but i got my posting privileges revoked....

So in closing, I wonder if MECA really will go on without us?

I was actually at the awards banquet tonight, and admittedly it was pretty bizzare when the commishiner of MECA made mentions about his new upcomming bluegrass album at the beginning of the awards. I didnt and still dont know what to think about that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif just strange

I really dont wish any harm to Steve, in fact i find him to be a very nice individual, but 2 individuals completely ran the organization into the ground this year

WOW! I have never competed on the meca circuit but was wanting to next season. I was also talking to steve about coming a director for the south mississippi and louisianna area. THis area is full of usaci competitors but many are tired of drama, rules changes and just looking for a alternate organization to compete in. I talked to steve though email about a week ago and he mentioned nothing about this to me.

So Would i be making a mistake by becoming a meca director?

WOW! I have never competed on the meca circuit but was wanting to next season. I was also talking to steve about coming a director for the south mississippi and louisianna area. THis area is full of usaci competitors but many are tired of drama, rules changes and just looking for a alternate organization to compete in. I talked to steve though email about a week ago and he mentioned nothing about this to me. So Would i be making a mistake by becoming a meca director?
i would think the more meca can expand, and the more shows the better.....

Honestly being from South LA. The only org that I could see people around here competing in other than USACi is Drag. Even though MECAs format is just as bad as USACi. It would be hard to switch between the two. Where as in Drag eventhough its based on cone area and mods, you can pretty seemlessly transfer between drag and usac. unlike MECA where fusing comes into play and your amps efficency can hurt you...Plus there is talk of dbDrag showing up in extreme east/southeast texas...and that would be close enough for the LA competitors that are sick of usaci (like me) to travel and get points.

edit

btnhfan...kinda beat me

I have a single cab truck at ~2300 watts...and im competitve in my class.
not really if you cant hold a fuse................//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.