Measureing voltage to set gains

Participant count
  • Participant list
what do i use to measur it do i just just a dc voltage tester and put it on the terminals the my subs hooked up to.for some reason im not getting any reading
You're not getting a reading with the DC voltage tester because test tones and music are alternating current (AC), not direct current (DC).

You'll need to get DMM set to AC Volts to measure the output of the amplifier.

sstill dont work.

this is what i did

1. disconnected sub

2. put on 5 hz test tone

3. turn volume to 75%(with my hu eq setting)

4. tried to measure ac current by testing on speaker output but nothing happened.

the configuration for the speaker terminals is +-+- i have the sub hooked to 1 and 4(1 channel amp)

when i test the power wires for ac it gives me like 33v

am i missing something you are supposed to test at the speaker terminals right

I hope you mean 50hz, not 5hz.

I hope you mean AC voltage, which is what you should be testing for.

You mean speaker wires?

Okay...so what's the problem? Sounds like you are getting a voltage measurement.
yea i mean 50

i am testing for ac voltage

by power wire i mean where the battery and ground attach to the amp. I dont get a reading at the speaker wires but the sub works

i tested it on my other amp and it worked but it doesnt work on my sub amp.

when i test for my speaker amp its 2 channels but only has one gain 2 control both if im gunna be running 120 on each channel what should my ac voltage be

thanks can u also answer my other q

im gunna be wiring each channel for 120 @ 4 ohm would i just do the eqution then multiply it by 2 to get 21.9

im so confused

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.