MDF rings for my door panels

Whatever...
as I previously said...

missing the point ???? where are you ?
How rude! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif .. First of all learn to read. I said you should have used foam weather stripping for that.

the clays physical structure is going to change the moment you sit that in the sun or outside on a freezing cold day. It will not keep those gaps airtight for long.

Like another member suggested you really should have used foam weather stripping. nomatter what temperature that stuff will not do things like shrink or drip and keep a seal.

Do they give you a can of playdoh when you buy a subwoofer or speakers? no they give you a thin strip of foam with a sticky side.

I dont think clay has that much plasticity change with heat that it would warp that far out of shape. also foam weatherstripping or rubber strips would more than likely warp just as much. But also in connelly suppport i have a 95 c/k pickup with similar door panels and it does leave large gaps around the ring where i dont think that weatherstripping would quite take up all the room. The door panels leave very very little room for a nice 6.5" let alone anything bigger. I like em looks good to me. But did u have to modify your door panel to get them to fit over the speaker now that you have the mdf ring in?

Yeap, took a hammer to it.

but, just a little...lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

And heh, maybe the clay won't last, but my doors have never sounded better,

plus, it was 101 degrees today, still holden up.

but, all that's really important...

is that we never stop trying to obtain our goal in the quest for perfect SQ!

Maybe the sticky, posted by squeak, in the speaker section can shead a little more light on the topic.

Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

avstang ----your a fu**in idiot---leave the guy alone. i know lots of peepz who use the modeling clay (true he may need more of it) but it workz. if you dont have anything positive to say just shut the f*ck up. wow i feel better ----good morning to all. avstang your still an idiot.

clay huh..interesting.....I can see it being easier to remove -i've always used high temp strip caulk for both mounting the rings, and mounting the drivers
x2, I just fixed this with it.

install2.JPG

( will resize )

god **** man how much suran wrap do you have? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif lol

UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, uuuhhhh

I fu*ked up,

Maybe a little too much hammer,

seems I busted both my motors for my power windows....

OOOoooooppps!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.