McIntosh 4 channel vs Soundstream human reign... which one?

bornintothis
10+ year member

illinois
Its one of these two amps and for the life of me, I can't decide... SQ is everything for this install and I want an amp that ya don't see every **** day. I know there are a lot of other sq amps out there but its gonna be one of those unless I get convinced to go with a tube amp. Any input from you guys that might have had experience with either of these amps will help. I am aware of the rise and fall of soundstream but the HR amps ares badass, and the McIntosh... well, the name basically speak for itself... HELP!

HRU.4 (new one) the McIntosh amps are almost timeless in their appearance... still look as good as they did years ago (sound isn't too bad either)

the HU puts out a shitload of power with amazing sq

I love the 2 channels, i mean a sq amp thats 1800watts? pretty awesome situation.... not to mention its probably even cheaper than the mclintosh(even though i think mclintosh is heavenly as well)

they stopped making the Old HU's because the heatsink alone cost them 550 bucks to caste a piece, the new one is the same board as the old just in a sleek casing ..

Can't argue with ya there... i heard a car that had a coupe of em... it was unreal, he also had a tube x over which I've never had seen before. Very, very rich sound

Well I'm goin with the SS human reign. Let the bitchin begin, but I had an original SS DaVinci 7 channel and that amp was the best single amp system I have ever heard, hands down. McIntosh is the ****, this I know... that bein said, I'm goin with the soundstream. Thanks for the input guys! 6 months from now I might do it all over again with McIntosh... who knows.

Code:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.