FOR SALE MB Quart Q's 8 4 tweeter 3 way componet set

RBarlow

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2020
Pennsylvania
What size rear speakers ... I was wanting to power the 3 way quarts with an ultra clean sounding ADS PH15 ..its rated at 6x50 ..I was gonna run it 4 ch .. 2chs bridged on the 8s and the other two chs on the mid and tweeters using the Quart bi amp crossovers..
Well i plan on getting them from you if you still have when i finally get unemployment straight out i may throw a 2 way component set in rear doors but be down the road. So thsts why i wanted to know about whst you would use for them so incase i come across an amp i know its got enough power for what i would need.

RBarlow

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2020
Pennsylvania
Well i plan on getting them from you if you still have when i finally get unemployment straight out i may throw a 2 way component set in rear doors but be down the road. So thsts why i wanted to know about whst you would use for them so incase i come across an amp i know its got enough power for what i would need.
What kind of rms does those quarts want? Also my head unit allows for subs mids and tweets so i really don't have to have a crossover i can run actives but if when i get the second set i will probably end up running xovers anyhow so i may or may not use them

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Aug 28, 2018
I may take a little less for them. They are brand new and have never been mounted . I was gonna run an ADS PH15 tha th I still have to the set . As mentioned the crossovers are Bi Amplable ..with jumper you can run them together ... but my plans were to Bridge 4chs of the PH15 to the Mid Bass 8s then use the remaining chs 2x50 to the mids and tweeters . The ADsS amps had some of the purest almost tube like sound . I guess that's why this combo was in top winning cars in IASCA in the late 80s through the mid 90s ....I believe this set is early 90s ... PM me if youd like . I've been into car audio for years myself. Here's a picture of some of my car audio trophies .. sometimes the pics show upside down on here but it might show up right .View attachment 21184View attachment 21184
Those were definitely the shiit back in the late 80's. I wanted this setup with a Nakamichi amp. The killer Nakamichi amps before they went too mainstream. I had the Nakamichi PA-400m on two Rockford pro series twelves (dvc 8 ohm) wired to two ohms in a Ford Probe. It was a great sub setup. Have you got any old Nakamichi hear?

OP
Louisiana_CRX

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
Rating - 100% 
42   0   0
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Those were definitely the shiit back in the late 80's. I wanted this setup with a Nakamichi amp. The killer Nakamichi amps before they went too mainstream. I had the Nakamichi PA-400m on two Rockford pro series twelves (dvc 8 ohm) wired to two ohms in a Ford Probe. It was a great sub setup. Have you got any old Nakamichi hear?
I still have my 89 Probe ...I need to start working on it again...as far as Nakamichi ..all I have left is an old school Cassette deck and mini cd changer which is brand new ...

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Aug 28, 2018
I still have my 89 Probe ...I need to start working on it again...as far as Nakamichi ..all I have left is an old school Cassette deck and mini cd changer which is brand new ...
You don't have the real old school Nakamichi cassette deck that slides out, do you? I think it was a TD-1300. Those things were sick. I wish that I still had my half din Sony slide out cassette player only. XK-8D. Look it up, they were too cool. I had it underneath my Rockford PA1-HD (half din pre-amp). The HU was a Sony AM/FM CD player ($550 in 1989 just for the HU).

OP
Louisiana_CRX

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
Rating - 100% 
42   0   0
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
You don't have the real old school Nakamichi cassette deck that slides out, do you? I think it was a TD-1300. Those things were sick. I wish that I still had my half din Sony slide out cassette player only. XK-8D. Look it up, they were too cool. I had it underneath my Rockford PA1-HD (half din pre-amp). The HU was a Sony AM/FM CD player ($550 in 1989 just for the HU).
It's just a regular pull out ..a pretty high end deck ..but it needs serviced... I have one of the xk 8ds in mint condition and a real nice Sony CDX r88 but i need a harness for it ... i also have a 1/2 din sony eq but not the spectrum analyzer model ...its either a 9 or 11 band with sub out put ...this would make a very nice old school setup

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Aug 28, 2018
It's just a regular pull out ..a pretty high end deck ..but it needs serviced... I have one of the xk 8ds in mint condition and a real nice Sony CDX r88 but i need a harness for it ... i also have a 1/2 din sony eq but not the spectrum analyzer model ...its either a 9 or 11 band with sub out put ...this would make a very nice old school setup
I would love to have an XK-8D. My Sony CDX always skipped. This is the Nakamichi cassette playe that I was talking about. It's a TD-1200.
Screenshot_20200812-003444_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200812-003502_Samsung Internet.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds